What's new

Best Canned Coffee?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
On a whim I tried Chock full O' Nuts today and I think it may be the worst coffee I've ever had:prrr:

Not exactly premium. I think it is something that falls in the category of "good enough" for those who don't expect/demand much from a cup of coffee.

Not exactly premium. I think it is something that falls in the category of "good enough" for those who don't expect/demand much from a cup of coffee.

Truly even plain old Folgers put it to shame. I'm an espresso drinker anyway and don't generally care much for drip brewed coffee unless it's really good. I'll stick with Americano's if I want a lighter coffee than a shot or a latte.

P

Putz Meyer

The price of coffee is about to go up do to a bug in the growing feilds (from a story on teh 10:00 PM news last night). I enjoy a good to decent cup (OK pot or two) of coffee daily, but not a coffee snob. Currently have been brewing Folgers CLassic but would love to save some money. Does anyone have a cost value vs. flavor opinion or nformation to help me out?
Thank you.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Waking up to a cup of Yauco Selecto Gourmet Ground Coffee from Puerto Rico (4 Tbsp of coffee per 12 cups of water in our "Mr. Coffee" Automatic Drip Coffee Machine), is primo.

Why?
proxy.php

Because this coffee is full bodied (and gets you going in the morning!!!), with a creamy and rich taste with almost no distinguished aftertaste, :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon". President Ronald Reagan

Attachments

• $coffee.jpg
    $coffee.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 834
SWMBO & I are big fans of Cain's Delux (blue & yellow can). If you live in or near Oklahoma you should be able to find it pretty easily.

If you don't live in Cain's Country, I would recommend Yuban. Good stuff!

When I was growing up in the '60s my Italian mother being the good parent gave me Postum every morning instead of coffee!!! Is this stuff still around I wonder?

The price of coffee is about to go up do to a bug in the growing feilds (from a story on teh 10:00 PM news last night). I enjoy a good to decent cup (OK pot or two) of coffee daily, but not a coffee snob. Currently have been brewing Folgers CLassic but would love to save some money. Does anyone have a cost value vs. flavor opinion or nformation to help me out?
Thank you.

I am sorry to say that I don't think you will find a significantly more affordable and better tasting pot. Looks like coffee prices will be trending up over the next year, with potentially some relief in 2013 where they might come back down to 2011 or 2010 levels, but distributors are discovering that the higher prices are sticky without too much drop in demand.

Best coffee in a can from the grocery store? Maxwell House. My parents drank foldgers for years and that stuff tasted horrible. I thought that was what cheap canned coffee tasted like. At work they give us Community Coffee for free nasty stuff. My wife introduced me to Maxwell House. I'd never tried it before this year and I"ll admit that it tastes pretty good for cheap stuff.

I normally drink Starbucsk or a local roasters coffee I can't recall the name of at the moment. My wife doesn't drink much coffee and can't handle the strength of a Starbucks type Coffee.

I buy whatever is cheapest, usually Maxwell House. I spend too much on shaving gear to buy expensive coffee. It's not that great, but it is still way better than the free crap at work. I'm not that much of a coffee connoisseur so it's fine for my tastes.

Off to the kitchen at work to get some crappy coffee now.

Last edited:
Best coffee in a can from the grocery store? Maxwell House. My parents drank foldgers for years and that stuff tasted horrible. I thought that was what cheap canned coffee tasted like. At work they give us Community Coffee for free nasty stuff. My wife introduced me to Maxwell House. I'd never tried it before this year and I"ll admit that it tastes pretty good for cheap stuff.

I normally drink Starbucsk or a local roasters coffee I can't recall the name of at the moment. My wife doesn't drink much coffee and can't handle the strength of a Starbucks type Coffee.
Fusion Beans?
Amaya Roasting Company?
Katz Coffee?
Tuscany Coffee?

+1 if you're old enough to remember their famous jingle being played on both radio and television. :wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:
we're on a budget round here, so we've been buying the big cans of "Beaumont Coffee" from ALDI Store. It works for us. We'll treat ourselves to a cup from a local shop every now and again.

Personally, I like 8 O'Clock whole bean, grind at home as needed. Also, it was rated much higher than Starbucks by consumer digest. I use a french press for coffee making so it may be different if you use a different method.

+1
but i make an espresso/cappacino type thing.

Yesterday I picked up a can of Maxwell House -House blend as it was on sale.I made a pot in my stove top percolator this a.m.It had been a while since i drank Max and now I see why.The coffee had definitely been overroasted.It was labelled a medium roast.But it had the cigarette smoke after/back taste of scorched coffee.Definitely not impressed.

Top Bottom