What's new

What is your favorite BBQ sauce

Just wondering what your favorite BBQ sauce is....

My favorite is Steve's Oink N Squeel, formulated in evansville indiana....its incredible

Sweet Baby Ray's is the go to off-the-shelf sauce at our house. I put my own dry rubs together, but I haven't ventured into trying to make my own BBQ sauce yet.

If i'm not too lazy (ha ha ha) I like to make my own that is tomato paste based.
The Cattle Boyz sauce is good. The soy makes it just a little different.
I used to buy Billy Bee Honey BBQ sauce that was really good too.

I never make the same sauce twice. Some tomato based, some not. My BBQ sauces are influenced by various Indian cuisines (Tandoori grilling and Indian spices), Chinese, South African, and Jamacian as well as traditional American BBQ styles. I often eat at a local 'rib joint' for traditional Southern BBQ They run their food in smokers all day and their sauce is superb, so I'd rather go there and let them do the work. They do sell their sauce, but that's just half the story. Ribs, chicken, tritip, brisket and pulled pork classically done.

---
Ken

Kentucky's Smokin' Grill "Too Hot for You" sauce. My girlfriend's aunt gave me four jars of this stuff as payment for taking pictures at her daughter's second birthday party. Nice and sweet, but expect to keep a glass of milk handy. If you love spicy food and good barbecue, this is the only option.

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chile sauce
1/2 cup rum
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
ground black pepper to taste

Directions

In a saucepan over low heat, mix the brown sugar, chile sauce, rum, soy sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, dry mustard, and pepper. Simmer 30 minutes.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Variety is the spice of life? Sauce goes on the burgers mostly at our house. I like a bit of Worcestershire on some steaks though.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Rarely do we use bottled BBQ sauce without significant modifications. The base is either 3/4 bottle of Diane's or Bull's-Eye, about an inch of Matouk's pepper sauce, a smashed clove of garlic, a tbsp of montreal steak spice ground very fine in a mortar'n'pestle, some rosemary+basil (or oregano), and a tsp of Worcestershire sauce (to cut some of the bote from the pepper sauce).

I never make the same sauce twice. Some tomato based, some not. My BBQ sauces are influenced by various Indian cuisines (Tandoori grilling and Indian spices), Chinese, South African, and Jamacian as well as traditional American BBQ styles. I often eat at a local 'rib joint' for traditional Southern BBQ They run their food in smokers all day and their sauce is superb, so I'd rather go there and let them do the work. They do sell their sauce, but that's just half the story. Ribs, chicken, tritip, brisket and pulled pork classically done.

---
Ken

Same here. I like to use pineapple juice and/or grape jelly to add that sweet and tangy flavor. Some BBQ sauce contains a lot of ingredients I can't pronounce and also like to have a satisfaction of making own sauce for taste. But in a pinch, I like to use Sweet Baby Ray's. It's cheap and readily available.

Top Bottom