What's new

The $615 Toggle on ebay

Yes I saw that and the bidding started at $20! Somebody wanted that baby bad! Wish I was selling it, I could use that kind of cash for some RAD of my own, but it would be for more than one!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's the more rare early version with 5 adjustable points instead of the regular production 9 settings.

It's the more rare early version with 5 adjustable points instead of the regular production 9 settings.

I thought that the one with 5 adjustments was only released in 1956? He also listed this as '60's vintage, was this also released in 1960?

That is a 1-5 dial serial numbered toggle, which was only produced in 1956. It is rarer than the bottom dial (at least the 1-9, not sure about the 1-5). Makes F4 toggles seem as common as superspeeds. The condition was pretty good too, the price isnt surprising in the least bit

Maybe its price should be between 500 and 600 but that Toggle is rare and it is 'bay. Btw, our NEW Deluxe President guy stopped at $388.88

I was watching it from the start hoping no one would realise what it was and get it for a steal, so much for that....

im glad Phil Krumholz sold this, his razor books are great. I have them all and is a great seller and shave contributor

Last edited:
That is a 1-5 dial serial numbered toggle, which was only produced in 1956. It is rarer than the bottom dial (at least the 1-9, not sure about the 1-5). Makes F4 toggles seem as common as superspeeds. The condition was pretty good too, the price isnt surprising in the least bit

I'm with Nick - I said to a mate I'm staying with at the moment that while my bid was a lot I suspected that it would go for around $600.

I was watching it from the start hoping no one would realise what it was and get it for a steal, so much for that....

LOL! You and me both - pity it wasn't just us having a bidding war!

im glad Phil Krumholz won this, his razor books are great. I have them all and is a great seller and shave contributor

??? - I thought that Phil was SELLING this one? This is was confused me a little as I said in this thread.

It didn't seem that well described given that Phil was the seller.

Winning bid US $615.00 good lord that's expensive :001_tt2:

Yeah. Even with a couple of AD's, I spend less than $300 a YEAR total (probably a lot less lately), $615 on one razor is crazy! Even if he is coming from $60 a month in Mach3 usage, that would take over a year for that purchase to pay off.

It didn't seem that well described given that Phil was the seller.

It's not the first time I've heard a Krumholz auction described that way.

I think that's part of the odd logic of eBay in which the sale price of a rarity varies inversely with the number of details in the description.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Yeah. Even with a couple of AD's, I spend less than $300 a YEAR total (probably a lot less lately), $615 on one razor is crazy! Even if he is coming from $60 a month in Mach3 usage, that would take over a year for that purchase to pay off.

Somehow I get the impression he won't be shaving with that particular purchase. :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom