What's new

Dimensions of B&B Essential

I'm in the market for a new brush. As I cruise the online stores, I come to the realization that this would be much easier if I had something to compare these brushes to. So I am looking at my 2007 BBE and thinking "what is the loft height on this thing" compared to a 19mm or a 22mm (or whatever)?

I searched all through the threads for the dimensions of the B&B Essential and couldn't find them. Any help?

Thanks,
Doug

The B&B brushes have a dedicated Wiki page if I'm not mistaken, going to see if I can dig it up...the measurements should be posted. I don't have the 2007, just the 2010 or else I'd go check mine...

I know that when they came out I asked that question on the forum and received an answer from Jim or Joel. If you searched on posts by me, you should find it. I will try quickly now, but have to go to bed soon to get up in time for work in the morning.

Thanks for the link. I did check the wiki, but it shows the dims for the LE, but not for the Essential, as best as I can tell. Correct me if I am not seeing it...

Tried, but it looks like all posts by me prior to 2010 are "gone". Don't know why. At any rate, I know for a fact that the dimensions were listed in the brush forum discussion. Want to say that the knot is 19x52ish. [/I]

I can't dig it up either...weird, I do distinctly recall seeing the measurements on a page some time back...

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Thanks for the link. I did check the wiki, but it shows the dims for the LE, but not for the Essential, as best as I can tell. Correct me if I am not seeing it...

No it didn't list the dims but there are links to threads about it in there. I found a post by Joel of the proto B&BE and he gave these dims: 19mm knot, 50.8mm loft.

Ahh, thanks guys. Hmmm. I was thinking the knot on the Essential was thicker than 19. Glad I checked into this before assuming...

Last edited:
Ahh, thanks guys. Hmmm. I was thinking the knot on the Essential was thicker than 19. Glad I checked into this before assuming...

The reason I remembered the "channel" part was because a feature of the Essential was a glue channel around the base of the knot that was designed to make the knot act "larger" at the base than it really is. Can't say that it necessarily works, but can say that the knot is not floppy for whatever reason. To me it is as was advertised; a nice, all-round performing brush.

Last edited:
Top Bottom