What's new

La Toja shave cream

Just picked up 3 tubes of La Toja shave cream in Spain. I bought one on my first day (I went without any shaving cream/soap). Really liked it, and bought 2 more. They come in a nice 150 ml tube for about $3.25 each. It has an unusual scent that I can't place, but it is pleasant enough. Lathers like a dream even in my hard water here. Great glide. I rate it as comparable to Musgo Real, which I really like a lot.

It really is a nice cream, a real steal at $3.25 (in Spain). In the States you can get it for around $10, even at that price it is a great deal. I like it better than the more expensive UK creams.

I can't place the scent either, fresh and clean, but it has quickly become one of my favorite scents.

I enjoyed the shave stick was dismayed to learn that they farm out the production to Slovakia, as that seems like an insane waste of resources, even if production costs are lower.

How does the Classic compare to the Sensitive version, and in turn to the Shave Stick?

How does the Classic compare to the Sensitive version, and in turn to the Shave Stick?

I would say the classic cream is almost a dead ringer for the stick (scent, performance), but YMMV. The sensitive version is similar performance wise, but smells different. The scent reminds me a little of the Euro Nivea cream.

I agree that the cream and stick have the same scent. I prefer the cream for use at home, as I find it easier to control how much I use. I bought 2 sticks for travel purposes for when I want to pack light. The stick and my Simpson's Commodore 2 work nicely together, and take little room in my bag.

slovenia...and you are so correct tzEE...but look at us,I have to do bizarre detective work when I shop,if I want to buy something made by guys who want and need work in my country...Everything you pick up is made in china...we can't even build televisions or dvd players,my "american standard" toilette is made in mexico,it used to be made in my city....my rheem hot water heater used to be made on rheem ave. in my city,now thats made in mexico....soon china will ship those in as well...big talk of china sending in millions of cheap cars...where will this end ? just like ross perot said "eventually americans will work for the same wages as the chinese,or there will be no competition.their wages will go up a little and yours will take a huge drop,this is what your policians know and what they refuse to take action on because they are sold out "....

I picked up the La Toja Sensitive SC last year when I ordered my Semogue from Vintage Scent, Loved the scent and lather from the very first shave and recently bought the Stick, regular cream and the soap in the wooden bowl, a fantastic line-up of shaving products and now included in my regular rotation. BTW the 150ml Creams are ~5.45 Euro from Vintage Scent and the stick is ~5.95, cheapest I've found, unfortunately he doesn't carry the wooden bowl soap. Usually delivery is ~2- 2 1/2 weeks to Las Vegas, depending on Holidays.
I also tried the inexpensive LEA SC, very nice lather I notice very little scent.

I picked up the La Toja Sensitive SC last year when I ordered my Semogue from Vintage Scent, Loved the scent and lather from the very first shave and recently bought the Stick, regular cream and the soap in the wooden bowl, a fantastic line-up of shaving products and now included in my regular rotation. BTW the 150ml Creams are ~5.45 Euro from Vintage Scent and the stick is ~5.95, cheapest I've found, unfortunately he doesn't carry the wooden bowl soap. Usually delivery is ~2- 2 1/2 weeks to Las Vegas, depending on Holidays.
I also tried the inexpensive LEA SC, very nice lather I notice very little scent.

What is the shipping cost from Vintage Scent?

What is the shipping cost from Vintage Scent?

Not too sure, when I order, I add/subtract items to get the most for my shipping cost; IE; picking up a brush I'll add some creams, 444ASB or a shave stick. Just update the order each time you change quantities/ items for shipping cost, for just a brush ~2.50 Euro when 2 SC's are added ~7.50 Euro.

anyone know if will be ok to squirt my 150mL tube of TaToja sensitive into an old TOBS tub and use it as a jarred cream, rather then a tube form cream?

$latojasens.jpg

Last edited:
Brucered - I did that with a tube of CO Bigelow and I won't do it again. The top dried out and I'm constantly needing to stir it. Might just be the Bigelow but I won't do it for another tubed cream.

I prefer Creams in Tubs because I like to Dip & Swirl my Brush and never had a problem with my Creams Drying, for those Creams that come in Tubes I use these; http://www.specialtybottle.com/doublewall8ozwhiteplasticjarwdomelid.aspx http://www.specialtybottle.com/doublewall4ozwhiteplasticjarwdomelid.aspx

Me too...Done! as of right now, it is the consistency of my TOBS creams. i'm fine if it hardens a bit, i just prefer to apply the cream with my brush, rather then a tube.

Attachments

• $IMG_4072.jpg
    $IMG_4072.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 497
Could someone post the ingredients list, please?

I know that is an old request, but thought someone might be interested. Someone picked up two tubes for me in Spain this past year; the ingredients are not listed on the tube and I've already thrown the boxes away. I checked their website and didn't see the ingredients listed.

slovenia...and you are so correct tzEE...but look at us,I have to do bizarre detective work when I shop,if I want to buy something made by guys who want and need work in my country...Everything you pick up is made in china...we can't even build televisions or dvd players,my "american standard" toilette is made in mexico,it used to be made in my city....my rheem hot water heater used to be made on rheem ave. in my city,now thats made in mexico....soon china will ship those in as well...big talk of china sending in millions of cheap cars...where will this end ? just like ross perot said "eventually americans will work for the same wages as the chinese,or there will be no competition.their wages will go up a little and yours will take a huge drop,this is what your policians know and what they refuse to take action on because they are sold out "....

FWIW--Just wanted to let you know that I am reading and agreeing. I'll add that the points you bring up are actually/incredibly more important than shaving.

I know that is an old request, but thought someone might be interested. Someone picked up two tubes for me in Spain this past year; the ingredients are not listed on the tube and I've already thrown the boxes away. I checked their website and didn't see the ingredients listed.

I happen to have a box handy :001_smile

Aqua - Potassium Stearate - Potassium Palmitate - Glycerin - Potassium Cocoate - Sodium Stearate - Sodium Palmitate - Sodium Cocoate - Sodium Lactate - Palmitic Acid - Stearic Acid - Parfum - Sodium Lauryl Sulfate - Sodium Myristyl Sulfate - Mineral Salts - Sodium Cetyl Sulfate - Laureth 10 - Sodium Stearyl Sulfate - Sodium Sulfate - Sodium Chloride - Coumarin - Limonene - Linalool - Butylphenyl Methylpropional - AND AWESOMENESS!

Thanks. I really like the lather but miss the after-feel of a lanolin-rich soap. That said, La Toja May be my favorite cream.

Top Bottom