What's new

La Toja Stick

Tried the La Toja shaving stick for the first time yesterday and have to say this one was a pleasant surprise. Not only did I get plenty of moisturizing lather but the fragrance was of another time, a must try for anyone who hasn't already. I have a feeling this one will be in my Top 5...anyone else a fan?

I'm a big fan of the Stick, I also like the cream and now I have a bowl on the way. just like you stated, it lathers up quite nice, and the scent is a big plus. Enjoy it. :thumbup:

Tried the La Toja shaving stick for the first time yesterday and have to say this one was a pleasant surprise. Not only did I get plenty of moisturizing lather but the fragrance was of another time, a must try for anyone who hasn't already. I have a feeling this one will be in my Top 5...anyone else a fan?

I've been face-lathering with La Toja's shaving stick for the past two weeks so as to have a constant to compare brushes by. There is a lot of control with it, and in general it lathers up quite well. The smell is not too intrusive: I don't love it, but I don't dislike it either--it has an acid "pique" type quality. Excellent travel packaging as well. No tallow though, and I believe the formula for La Toja has changed in recent years. Have you tried the Valobra shaving stick? It has a very nice and mild scent in my opinion.

I find this soap to be a prime example of why tallow soaps aren't always superior. This soap IMHO is of the same calibre as many high end soaps. There are many incredible veggie and tallow soaps and I find no correlation between the ingredients and peformance. Of course what works for me is different than what works for you. This soap will always be in my rotation and look forward to getting the bowl very soon:)

The La Toja stick is fantastic. I still give the edge to Valobra for the better cushioning I get from it's lather, but La Toja is the slickest soap going in my experience.

The La Toja stick is fantastic. I still give the edge to Valobra for the better cushioning I get from it's lather, but La Toja is the slickest soap going in my experience.

I was actually just going to comment about the slickness...I find La Toja to be very unslick, it is probably the least slick of the soaps that I have tried (which include MWF, Cella, Palmolive, Acqua di Parma). I get very good lather, very thick and cushioning, but not terribly slick.

This soap IMHO is of the same calibre as many high end soaps. There are many incredible veggie and tallow soaps and I find no correlation between the ingredients and peformance.
There is, but you have to know what is actually in palm oil and palm kernel oil and tallow and coconut oil and ... . Reading the ingredient list I would imagine it to be a solid performer at the very least.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have both the la Toja stick and the La Toja Manantiales bowl. Like them both, and use them both. :)

Same here. I have both, use both and love both. However the Manantiales soap in the bowl has a slight edge over the stick for creaminess, slickness and overall performance.

Top Bottom