What's new

Vintage Avon find

Thanks. If you liked that, I'm sure that you'll love my Volkswagen Rabbit in Light Musk and my Winnebago in Wild Country. :lol: Actually they are pretty neat, too. The Winnebago comes with stickers so you can dress up the sides.

I got to do the stickers on this one (windows, grille, wheels, mixer). It was fun in a rediscovered youth kind of way, but also more of a PITA than expected. I don't know why I didn't post it before.

"Cement Mixer," 3oz Everest AS + 6oz Everest Talc (full on both ends):

proxy.php

I got to do the stickers on this one (windows, grille, wheels, mixer). It was fun in a rediscovered youth kind of way, but also more of a PITA than expected. I don't know why I didn't post it before.

"Cement Mixer," 3oz Everest AS + 6oz Everest Talc (full on both ends):

proxy.php

Very nice John. And talc too! :thumbup1:

You know you've got it bad when you hit the 'Bay to track down some game that's been disturbingly elusive in the wild.

• NIB Gavel Decanter, 5oz Island Lime AS (smells really nice in the bottle, and I can hardly wait to use it)
  • NIB Perfect Drive, 4oz Protein Hair/Scalp Conditioner for Men (formerly Protein Hair Lotion for Men?)
full

• NOS Alpine Decanter, 8oz Original AS (used tonight, impressions in the GEMini thread)
  • NOS, serial-numbered 8-sided bottle, 3oz Granite AS (smells in the bottle like a mineraly aquatic)
full
full

full

SPECIAL: Although possibly misplaced here in the Aftershaves forum, this thread feels like home for this exciting score:
  • Avon Gentlemen's Regiment shaving mug and soap set, with badger-dyed hog brush
full
full

The brush was sealed in plastic, the soap wrapped in its open plastic wrapper. Some research had led me to expect Wild Country fragrance, but the puck smells like nothing but tallow. This kit will be used for my Saturday GEMini shave!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I like those, Tom! Here's a similar pair of usable goodies (hair and body wash) I found at the Flowery Branch show last month. Your deal was better (as usual!); I got the pair for $4.

Attachments

• $wildcountry_hnbwash.jpg
    $wildcountry_hnbwash.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 333
Wow, this is amazing. I had the gold Cadillac that was in page 1 way back in the early 70's. I had no idea that Avon put Wild Country in so many different decanters. I know that I had others too (friend of my mothers I think single handedly keep Avon in business), keep posting those pictures!! Thanks.

I had no idea that Avon put Wild Country in so many different decanters.

There were hundreds of decanters made from the 60s to the early 00s. Most of the were available in 2 or 3 different scents (sometimes more), and Wild Country was in almost all of them. I'm currently compiling a list of all of them to add to the Wiki when it is back up and running.

Here's my latest from a local Salvation Army store. All full and $1.49 each. The coin is Tribute and the other two are Wild Country. I also put a couple others that I found at the same place in the vintage thread.

proxy.php

Won the Mother Lode of Avon Chess Decanters off of Ebay:

Seller claims these are all full, and there are 28 bottles!! It includes fifteen The Pawn II, one The Pawn, three Smart Move II, two The Rook II, three The Bishop II , two The King II and two The Queen II!!

Can't wait to find out what Aftershave is contained within the bottles!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::w00t::w00t:

proxy.php

You win! That's quite a sight.

Won the Mother Lode of Avon Chess Decanters off of Ebay:

Seller claims these are all full, and there are 28 bottles!! It includes fifteen The Pawn II, one The Pawn, three Smart Move II, two The Rook II, three The Bishop II , two The King II and two The Queen II!!

Can't wait to find out what Aftershave is contained within the bottles!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::w00t::w00t:

proxy.php

Here's what I picked up last night at another Salvation Army. All are full but I'm almost embarassed to post it after the above haul!

proxy.php

Here's what I picked up last night at another Salvation Army. All are full but I'm almost embarrassed to post it after the above haul!

No embarrassment necessary. The DE Decanter is pure awesomeness!! I found one of those at a local antique shop about three-four weeks back. Likely overpaid for it (I think it was $10, or $15 dollars) but had to have it!!

As for the Chess decanters, I was thinking wouldn't it be super cool to have a complete chess set of the Avon bottles? So I went poking around ebay to see what was available (figuring such an endeavor would be crazy expensive), and stuck gold finding the 28 bottles above for a mere $21.95 ($37.45 with shipping). Since there are multiples beyond what would be needed to complete a set, some of them will likely go on the B/S/T.

Great scores! John, it looks like you'll have plenty of Spicy AS, at least, and you've got to be getting close to a completed chessboard by now. My wife has gotten more tolerant, but she still wonders where we're going to put all my stuff, so a pile like that would likely draw some irate commentary. Tom, everyone needs a "Super Shaver," and I think I'm in love with that fishing boat! I'm still batting zero on the thrift stores and Goodwills, so I might need to look up the Salvation Army.

I have another eBay score on the way, and my local antique "pusher" promises to have two unseen crates of NIP Avon collectibles for me to pick over this weekend, so I should have some more pics to show soon.

I left at least 20 boxed sets behind, they said a family brought in 10 boxes of stuff and they split it up amongst three area stores. I put a couple non Avon items I also found in the vinatge AS thread.

Top Bottom