What's new

Name of the chinese hones?

Since I live in Hong Kong I have pretty good access to Chinese manufactured stuff on the website Taobao. One definitely needs to be careful before buying, but normally for low-teach inexpensive stuff you can buy quite cheap.

For example I saw Gold Dollar #200 for only about 8USD and #66 for around 2USD - thinking of ordering just to see how they are for myself, not much money involved.

Anyway - I thought I should check what I can get any of the Chinese stones for - many are talking about the 12k as a decent finishing stone.
So, do anyone have the Chinese name of the manufacturer? Just a picture of the box will be ok as long as the name is visible ;)

Legion

Staff member
proxy.php

Thanks Legion

木井方 - "Wood shaft side" is the manufacturers name - translation according to Google :)
from the search it seems as if the manufacturer makes a lot of wood working products.
I found the stone for a bit below 4USD plus shipping. Cheap enough for me to take the chance and order.

Unfortunately the sellers of the Gold Dollars only had a non-descript 3k stone, so I have to order from 2 sources. Well, I guess 8USD for a #200 is quite ok anyway ;)

Next time I cross the border to Shenzhen I will see if I can find any stores, think I need to renew the visa first.

Somw call them the "Wei Tu Slo" hone.:tongue_sm

If you can find a Model #800 Gold Dollar, let me know, I'm looking for more of those.:thumbup1:

If you can find a Model #800 Gold Dollar, let me know, I'm looking for more of those.:thumbup1:

Seraphim, we live only 30 minutes by bus from the Shenzhen border, often take a Saturday there shopping and ending with dine & bars on the evening. I plan to look around for razors next time, will keep an eye out dot the 800. Do you have any pic, or do you know if manufacturer has a site? Then I could ask them for resellers on Shenzhen. (or rather, let my wife ask since she is Chinese )

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

Nice one!! My old man works in Asia, and got me some samples from the factory. The 800 is on the website, but has not been made in 3 years
so no dice on that one. Interestingly the salesman at GD referred to their razors as being made from stainless...*shrug.

Nice one!! My old man works in Asia, and got me some samples from the factory. The 800 is on the website, but has not been made in 3 years
so no dice on that one. Interestingly the salesman at GD referred to their razors as being made from stainless...*shrug.

Yeah, I got the last 2 ever made apparently. I had asked for five 800's, but they were only able to find two at their factory/warehouse. They are nice, actual stainless razors.

The model 200 has been wildly rumored to be stainless, but the official website lists it as carbon, and from my experience with them they are carbon as well.

Seraphim, we live only 30 minutes by bus from the Shenzhen border, often take a Saturday there shopping and ending with dine & bars on the evening. I plan to look around for razors next time, will keep an eye out dot the 800. Do you have any pic, or do you know if manufacturer has a site? Then I could ask them for resellers on Shenzhen. (or rather, let my wife ask since she is Chinese )

I didn't find a pic. They look the same as any other GD razor, but are the model 800, and are made of good quality stainless. I don't have any more than that, sorry to say.

Where did you find the chinese for 4$+shipping? Thats ridiculously cheap! I would buy one for that price just for kick, I sold mine long ago when I got a nani 12k.

I didn't find a pic. They look the same as any other GD razor, but are the model 800, and are made of good quality stainless. I don't have any more than that, sorry to say.

Wont the factory make you a batch if you order like 200 units? Put up the, what $1000-2000?, and you'll never have to buy another razor again.

Wont the factory make you a batch if you order like 200 units? Put up the, what $1000-2000?, and you'll never have to buy another razor again.

If we were reasonable men, we would know that even with simply one razor, it is enough to last a lifetime.

But then the ADs strike.....:w00t:

OK, I will keep an eye out next time we go there. If it is discontinued I do not hold high hopes, but you never know... The only ones I saw on taobao was no 66, 100 and 200. Surprised that 208 didn´t show up.
Ordered one of each so that I can see how they are - no RAD here ..... :blushing:

Where did you find the chinese for 4$+shipping? Thats ridiculously cheap! I would buy one for that price just for kick, I sold mine long ago when I got a nani 12k.

Chinese website TaoBao, but I would advise against going there unless you can communicate in chinese and know how to select the dealers. Google translate is many times not good enough for this and you need to communicate with the seller. I usually get a name, or something in chinese from my wife and do searches where I select for the pictures and sometimes with google translate help, then i let her check if its reliable seller and communicate with them.

Since we are going to Shenzhen soon anyway I decided to skip buying the stone online and will look for it in some DIY stores there first, want to buy a stand for the power drill anyway at the same time.

I think the most descriptive would be the Guangxi natural polishing water stone. How many stones could Guangxi quarry?

I think the most descriptive would be the Guangxi natural polishing water stone. How many stones could Guangxi quarry?

How many stones could Guangxi quarry if a quarry could quarry stones?
And how many stones could be turned into hones if Guangxi could quarry hones?
And how many homes have stones as hones if Guangxi could quarry stones?

Say it three times fast!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member

:thumbup:

Compared to Chinese, which I ma trying to learn it´s still fairly easy. Doesen´t get better by the fact that Taiwan where I stared learning have somewhat different pronounciation than the mainland, so now when I am back I´m tying my tounge into knots making the right sounds for a second time!

"Right sounds" is categorized as how my wife pronounce it.... :blushing:

Top Bottom