What's new

Is this brand of shoe any good.

I was at the mall when I stopped at the shoe store because I needed new dress shoes. I found a pair that I liked the style. The brand is giorgio brutini. I figured with italian name how bad could it be. I am curious if anyone has experienced this brand? I think this is the model I got or atleast they look like it. http://www.amazon.com/Giorgio-Bruti...AU/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1304473827&sr=8-38 I got them on sale for 19.99 so I figured even if they arent the greatest I am not out too much money.

Don't assume Italian name = Italian manufacturing. That's classic deceptive advertising. Ever look at the tag inside of an American Eagle shirt? I refuse to buy things like this on principle. If you stick "American" anywhere in the name of your product, you had damned well better be an American product.

I am on my third pair of Giorgio Brutini loafers. I have bought the same style a couple of times, after I wore out the previous pair. They are not repairable, I asked. They have this one style of loafer that I really like.

Next time you should invest in a pair of Frye's or Kenneth Cole's (not kenneth cole reaction). Cost more but they last a long time.

How long did they last you?

I wore these for about a year before replacing them. That is in cubicle hell, with not too much walking. I always changed shoes after work. They were not challenged at all.

Your original question was "Is this brand of shoe any good". I must say it is not a good shoe. For $20 or $30 however, it is a reasonable value. Just know what you are getting.

They're disposable. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

My advice would be to buy a great shoe you really like and you'll have them for many years to come and wear them all the time.

I arrived at this conclusion after years of buying and throwing away disposable shoes that look like crap after you've worn them a few times...

D

In response to you question, it’s a disposable shoe made in Brazil. Low quality. How they’re able to put this shoe together at this price I don’t know. Not resoleable. Leather is thin.

My winter boots are Mephisto with Gore-tex.

IMG-20200227-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200227-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20200227-WA0010.jpg

Giorgio Brutini is a "fashion" brand that cares far more about looks than quality. They like putting Italian names on things to make people think they're well made. Think Stacy Adams.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I figured with italian name how bad could it be.

I could have signed up on B&B with the user name "Giuseppe Verdi" ... but that wouldn't mean I could write good opera. A starting-up company picking an Italian-sounding name is about the same thing.

As to whether or not the shoes are good quality ... well ... I dunno ... need more info ...

I got them on sale for 19.99 so

... um, not good quality.

Next time you should invest in a pair of Frye's or Kenneth Cole's (not kenneth cole reaction). Cost more but they last a long time.
+1 with regard to Kenneth Cole shoes. Back around 1999 I bought two pair of classic cap-toe shoes (one black and one cognac) from DSW for $125 each. Although the back edge of the rubber heels are wearing out, when I use Saphir polish on the leather uppers these shoes look as nice as the day I bought them.

The take home message for those who cannot afford $200 to $400 shoes (a la Allen Edmund, though these can be resoled and Kenneth Cole's cannot) is you can buy a nice and durable pair of shoes that may last 20 years for about the cost of resoling a pair of Allen Edmund's.

Tim

These are as good as SOME Ferragamo, Tom Ford, etc... designer label shoes. Have a look at some of the cobbler "take apart" videos on YT of these so called "high end" shoes. Trash. Paper, hollow heel block, etc. I saw a pair of $500 Ferragamo loafers at Nordstrom with molded plastic soles. Back 30 years ago when many people actually repaired shoes and wore them for years, and there were several cobblers in every town, they would not have been able to get away with this.
The Italian fashion houses have figured out that most people think their name makes for good quality. These are the bigger rip-off. At least one gets what one expects from $30 shoes.
The lesson here is be careful and know ho to spot quality construction.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I am Italian and I know the great Italian shoe brands pretty well. I have never heard of this "Giorgio Brutini" company before.

If you are looking for a TRUE Italian brand that is 100% handmade in Italy by skilled artisans and is reasonably priced there are only 2 names to consider: "Velasca" and "Il Gergo".

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The take home message for those who cannot afford $200 to $400 shoes (a la Allen Edmund, though these can be resoled and Kenneth Cole's cannot) is you can buy a nice and durable pair of shoes that may last 20 years for about the cost of resoling a pair of Allen Edmund's.

A decent pair of shoes ... built well enough to not break apart at the seams ... even if it cannot be resoled CAN have a half sole glued onto a wearing out sole, and probably a new heel put on, remarkably extending their wear life.

Top Bottom