What's new

Availability of Schick Injector blades?

I would try Ebay for the old stock Schicks, TedPella.com, or CVS. Check out the other Injector thread going too for more info.

I've seen own-brand Injector blades in CVS/Walgreen and even Target/K-Mart. I've also picked up Schick branded injector blades in a small local drugstore (Kerr Drug in NC). The Schick box has an address for mail-orders, but if you're going mail order, you might as well go with eBay or Ted Pella's blades.

I've found a local drugstore that sell Schick brand injector blades (made in Germany). They give me very good shaves, much better than what I got with CVS brand blades. And the injector is all metal, so it doesn't give me any alignment troubles like those plastic ones do.

From one of the shaving blogs they were using Feather AC blades which were clipped down to size...

I'm gonna try this someday...everybody I've talked to who has done this raves about it.

FWIW, you can get the made in Germany Schicks on Amazon pretty cheap. I bought them in bulk & saved myself money.

Pellas are good blades. CVS/American Safety blades are okay and the Schick blades on Amazon look to be a decent deal. There are plenty of sources out there!:smile:

Blades! Blades! And more blades! :biggrin:

I went to a grocery store at lunch time that has a lot of - Schick Injector blades in a 7-pack, Gem Blue Star blades in a 10-pack, and German made Wilkinson Sword Classic blades in a 5 pack.

I was a little surprised that the Gem blades are made by ASR (American Safety Razor Co. ???).

Then I went by another grocery store and they had lots of the Schick Injector blades in a 7-pack but it looked like they don't carry the Gem or Wilkinson blades.

Anyway, Shick Injector blade availability looks very good here.

The Shick Injector blades cost around $0.80 each. That's relatively expensive compared to DE blades at aroun $0.28 each. The Gem blades are around $0.34 each which doesn't look too bad until you consider they have half the edges that the DE's have.

At $0.14 per edge the DE's look pretty cheap but even at $0.80 per edge it isn't as expensive as the cartridges.

Sorry to bring up an old thread like this but i didnt really want to post it up in the buying/selling section. I've found a vendor who sells Injector blades made by Schick but he is charging INSANE amounts for shipping to Australia($70US for 10 packs...). Those 10 packets shipped within the US would be about $12-$13. I live in Australia but i'd still save money by going through a middleman. If one of you guys would be so kind to order off the vendor(ill paypal you the money unfront of course) and ship it out to me i would be greatful. Ill throw in a pack of Injectors for your trouble. PM me and we can talk.
PS i'd prefer you to be a longtime member on this forum with a postcount of above 1000.

Top Bottom