What's new

The Anything Thread

Wait, what? :001_huh:......I did? :huh:
...well.....this
You're right. Leave the tazer and pepper spray at home Blake. And for the love of all that is decent, wear some pants under those chaps!
....followed by this
Fine, if you don't want to have any fun, be that way.
....I thought it was pretty clear? :huh:

This has actually been discussed but it must have been on FB TAT.
Oh yeah, the "other" TAT. That's probably the group that will take the group trip to visit Danielle in Ireland. :glare:

I thought about asking the same thing! :lol:
Well, one of us had to bring up "the elephant in the room"!

OK, I *meant* the most we've ever spent in at a single instance in time. Better?
You don't need to make it "better", Crafty. You are already the best! You are awesome! You are awesomesauce personified! :thumbup1:
We will accept that. :001_cool:
...or this. :001_cool:
And my great-grandfather was one of the team that invented the automatic shutoff on said gas pump. :001_cool:
Hey, I missed this! That's really cool! :thumbup1:

As to the waterproof pencil issue (and ignoring all others), Blake, I am reminded of the Russians vs. NASA back when the Apollo program got started. Both needed a writing instrument that would work reliably in zero grav. NASA spent millions inventing and manufacturing the "Fisher Space Pen" as it is now known. The Russians, on the other hand, packed pencils.

Young and foolish then vs. now, huh Randy? Well, I guess that still makes me younger than you. :tongue:

:lol:

An album for this theme!

proxy.php

As to the waterproof pencil issue (and ignoring all others), Blake, I am reminded of the Russians vs. NASA back when the Apollo program got started. Both needed a writing instrument that would work reliably in zero grav. NASA spent millions inventing and manufacturing the "Fisher Space Pen" as it is now known. The Russians, on the other hand, packed pencils.
Yeah, they probably discussed that on the "other" TAT site. :001_rolle
Young and foolish then vs. now, huh Randy? Well, I guess that still makes me younger than you. :glare:

:lol:
Are you serious? Dirt is younger than me! :001_rolle
An album for this theme!

proxy.php
...But then again, I don't have my own themed album! :thumbup1:

My only concern is how will I keep from breaking the pencils?

Yeah, they probably discussed that on the "other" TAT site. :001_rolle

I can't help it if all the cool kids are there. :lol:

Seriously, it is neat to have the mixture of past and current TATers with a few additions. :thumbup1:

Welcome back Randy, I don't need a Nakiri for making onion soup, but it sure helps. It's like how I don't need a DE and nice soap/cream adn brush for shaving... it just makes the process batter. Also a few months ago I got to meet Hiroshi Kato san, the man who made the knife I now have in my kitchen.

My wife got a new car

proxy.php

This pic is not it, but it looks just like it

Scion Xb RS 8.0

My wife loves it!, I liked the Lincoln. But it does get 30 mpg, opposed to 11

Hey, I have a brilliant flipping idea! Why didn't you just call me and I could have told you? Oh, that would have been too bloody easy, now wouldn't it?

Now that just makes too much sense to work at work, Blake. :001_rolle

Believe me when I say that I feel your pain. I found my blood pressure rising when I read this. It brought back memories of my old job as they cut our manpower more and more.

Yep, anything to scrounge up a few bucks here and there. :glare:

Matt is the mediator in Rob and Blake's bustin' each others chaps!

Randy, just so we're clear, I will never ever insert myself in between Rob and Blake to mediate anything if all they are wearing is chaps. :eek:

That's a myth. Fisher developed those pens independent of any government funds

My only concern is how will I keep from breaking the pencils?

Don't snap them in half? :huh:

That is some crazy stuff.

Absolutely, I'll post some more...

Very cool! Not in a good way. Just in a very fascinating way.

I know exactly what you mean.

Wow! :blink::blink::blink: Even with the pictures it hard to imagine.

Sometimes its even hard for me to wrap my head around and I see these sorts of things daily.

i see them now. I tried several times this morning, even signing out, clearing cookies, etc...never would work.

Sorry about that. I'm pretty sure it is because I linked to pics I posted in the Mod forum, since you can't see the mod forum you couldn't see the pics. I fixed it for ya!

Proof once again, that we are infinitely smarter than the Russians. I mean, so what if it cost tax payer dollars, we came up with a new improved solution They just settled. :lol::lol:

My wife got a new car

proxy.php

This pic is not it, but it looks just like it

Scion Xb RS 8.0

My wife loves it!, I liked the Lincoln. But it does get 30 mpg, opposed to 11

Ugh, what an ugly little car. My ex-wife owned a Xb and I had a Bb (the original Toyota) for a short while the last time I lived in Japan. The styling cues on the XB/Bb are non-existent. Its an ugly little car. That said, for its size it is very roomy and will get great gas mileage. I'd have gone with the Lincoln. :lol::lol:

A couple more pics...

The pics below are of a house in Momoishi town. The house is located about 100 yds from the ocean. The water is about 30 feet below the level of the house behind that retaining wall. That wall is probably the only reason the entire house isn't gone. When I was snapping pictures I realized that the family was still living on the second floor while trying to recover/rebuild the first.

The pics below are of a house in Momoishi town. The house is located about 100 yds from the ocean. The water is about 30 feet below the level of the house behind that retaining wall. That wall is probably the only reason the entire house isn't gone. When I was snapping pictures I realized that the family was still living on the second floor while trying to recover/rebuild the first.

Seriously? They're still living in it? On the second floor? Are they nuts? It doesn't even look structurally sound anymore. :blink:

Huh, hadn't thought of that. :001_rolle

Well someone has to point these things out to you. :tongue:

Seeing as the car has no feelings, uh none taken. :laugh:

:lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom