What's new

The Anything Thread

I finally got to get out and help with some local clean up! Two friends and I started out on a Motorcycle ride today. We ended up a few towns South. We stopped to take some pictures of massive fishing boats that were washed up on shore. While we were there we saw a clean up crew struggling to shovel about 3 feet of mud out of the first floor of a business so we all grabbed shovels and helped them clean it out.

Pictures really don't tell the whole story. Its crazy when you actually see the devastation face to face.

I'll post pics when I can.

I saw the pics of the boats. Crazy stuff!

I saw the pics of the boats. Crazy stuff!

I'm going to post some pics here for everyone. Today we saw two boats about 100 yards inland on their side. The only reason they didn't get washed into nearby buildings is their anchors got stuck on the concrete pier and held them in place.

Last edited:
Ok, first round of pics:

The First Pic:

This boat is about 200 yards from the ocean. The only thing that kept it from going another 50 yards (across the street) and crashing through businesses was its anchor. Can you believe that? The anchor got caught up in the concrete pier and prevented it from going any further.

The second pic:

Front side of the same boat

The third pic:

Another shot of that same boat from across the street. The passing van gives you a good idea just how big the fishing boat is. FWIW only about 2/3 of the boat is in the actual frame.

The fourth pic:

The business directly across the street from the boat. The lower level was filled with about 3-4 feet of mud

The fifth pic:

Another boat that was washed ashore. Far less damaged. That's my Ducati in the foreground! :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Whooooooooohooooooooooooo!

(Three guesses why...)

You're alive?! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Shampoo bars are not very useful to those of us who occupy the Mr. Clean section of B&B! :001_rolle

No they are not.

Or at least the last place you did your business. :laugh:

Skklog!!!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Ok, first round of pics:

attachment.php

This boat is about 200 yards from the ocean. The only thing that kept it from going another 50 yards (across the street) and crashing through businesses was its anchor. Can you believe that? The anchor got caught up in the concrete pier and prevented it from going any further.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another shot of that same boat from across the street. The passing van gives you a good idea just how big the fishing boat is. FWIW only about 2/3 of the boat is in the actual frame.

attachment.php

The business directly across the street from the boat. The lower level was filled with about 3-4 feet of mud

attachment.php

Another boat that was washed ashore. Far less damaged. That's my Ducati in the foreground! :thumbup1:

They are not coming up for me.

Yes, the USG strongly disapproves of money and / or passport laundering, so come clean and get a new one! :lol::lol::lol:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

So... when can we expect an answer to the "hotness" question? :huh:

Oh, and congrats.

:thumbup:
Which hotness question? You'll have to be more specific. :lol:
Did you read about them on Epinions? You should write a review about it.
I did and I should.

Ok, first round of pics:

The First Pic:

The second pic:

The third pic:

The fourth pic:

The fifth pic:

That is some crazy stuff.

Ok, first round of pics:

The First Pic:

The second pic:

The third pic:

The fourth pic:

The fifth pic:

Very cool! Not in a good way. Just in a very fascinating way.

Maybe Ray forgot his special secret decoder ring?

Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine.

If it makes you happy is it REALLY worthless?

:thumbup:

Well.... when you put it that way.... :001_unsur

:yesnod:

Okay, last night sucked! I had to start out in ECC (ER). I had six Patient Watches! We only have five psych rooms and we only were using three of them for psych patients. The other two were being used for regular patients. Those two are regular rooms but have cameras in them. So, I had three rooms and three patients sitting in the hall around my desk. With all of the reports, flow sheets, etc, that is too many. One person can not reliably keep an eye on that many patients at once. It may not seem like a lot but you would know if you've had to do this. Fortunately, all of them were pretty good. The only one that was a problem was pretty tame. Of course, the way the night played out, I was stuck back there for over half of my shift. But, when I was finally relieved, I only had one watch left. The rest of the night went pretty well for me.

Now, here is the killer. Over the weekend, I was short staffed. We have a new guy that only works weekends. He has not been trained to do squat yet. Saturday, I had him and one other officer besides myself. The next night, I had the same guy and two other officers. I am supposed to have five officers total, counting myself. Naturally, it was a very busy weekend. I posted about the crackhead already. So, I had to tell people I couldn't do stuff or that it would be a while. Some were pretty upset with me. What was I supposed to do? Therefore, I was fully expecting to get complaints from the weekend.

Guess what I got in trouble for? I did not have the new guy do a report on a smoking violation. Really? Are you kidding me? What a bunch of horse crap! You see, smoking is prohibited on hospital property by city ordinance. Yet, it is our job to enforce. We got a call from a nurse that some people were in the parking garage smoking with a kid there. They said it was not tobacco they were smoking. Had she not mentioned that, I probably would have ignored the call completely. But, the only guy I had free was the new guy. But, I had him leave his post and walk out there to investigate. It was indeed a regular cigarette they were smoking and they put it out when asked. Now, we are supposed to do reports for these incidents. Stupid, but it gives some VP on mahogany row the warm fuzzies to make us do this. But, he doesn't know how to use the report program yet. I could not get away to teach him, so I didn't worry about it. At the moment, I was more concerned with the domestic battery that was going on and had city police all over my hospital. As it turns out, this family that was smoking is under investigation with Child Protective Services already and there was a long back story I was not informed of. So, the nurse called back after we had left wanting to know what happened. Being we did not write report, no one knew and she was mad. So, the manager pulled the tapes and recorded radio log and was able to piece it together. I get a nasty email complaining that I should have had a report done and that I cost them all of this time trying to figure it out. Hey, I have a brilliant flipping idea! Why didn't you just call me and I could have told you? Oh, that would have been too bloody easy, now wouldn't it?

So, the fact I got us through the weekend even though severely handicapped when it would have been busy with a full staff means nothing. The fact that we had to deal with all of this other crap and kept everyone safe, not important. No, we failed utterly because we did not type up a da**ed report when we asked someone to put out their bloody cigarette. WTH!

God, I love my job!

Okay, rant over.

Last edited:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Ok, first round of pics:

The First Pic:

The second pic:

The third pic:

The fourth pic:

The fifth pic:

Wow! :blink::blink::blink: Even with the pictures it hard to imagine.

........So, the fact I got us through the weekend even though severely handicapped when it would have been busy with a full staff means nothing. The fact that we had to deal with all of this other crap and kept everyone safe, not important. No, we failed utterly because we did not type up a da**ed report when we asked someone to put out their bloody cigarette. WTH!

God, I love my job!

Okay, rant over.

Believe me when I say that I feel your pain. I found my blood pressure rising when I read this. It brought back memories of my old job as they cut our manpower more and more. :thumbdown

Turns out one of the best things they ever did for me was downsize me out. :biggrin1:

Believe me when I say that I feel your pain. I found my blood pressure rising when I read this. It brought back memories of my old job as they cut our manpower more and more. :thumbdown

Turns out one of the best things they ever did for me was downsize me out. :biggrin1:

I understand that. :blush:

Wow, it's only been a few days, but ya'll have covered a lot of ground since I was here last. Between spending a little time with our sister-in-law who came down for a follow-up check-up at MD Anderson, the cancer treatment hospital, (which I highly recommend if you ever need this type facility, and I pray you won't), and finishing our latest B&B fund-raising event, and didn't make it in here. There's way too much for a roll, but let me try to do a bit of a recap, and I did have a few questions as I caught up, but they'll just be rhetorical, as I know you've long since moved on:

- Darren, why do you need a Nakiri knife by Masakge Shizuku just to make onion soup?

- So, we're all going to visit Danielle in Ireland (and I'm really going to be chapped, as in mad, not as in wearing Blake's favorite attire) if I don't get told about this TAT event!

- Rich says he used to be "young and foolish" - um, so, what does that make him now?

- Dennis is in a place where it's -2,578 celsius - hope you've got a engine block heater!

- Skklog made a rare appearance - and a not so rare disappearance.

- Crafty is still skillfully evading questions about Mr. Crafty's whereabouts (she really is crafty!)

- Darren and Dennis concluded Mr. Crafty is really a giant stuffed Sesame Street character - yeah, as in stuffed in a wardrobe in New Jersey!

- Blake's delivering pizzas now, sans chaps (is that like Sans-A-Belt?)

- ....and Blake finally admits it's fun wearing chaps without pants!

- Danielle says Crafty's CT should be "Officially awesome since 2011". Okay, but what was she before 2011?

- In the midst of one of the worst national disasters ever, Rob is complaining about British TV?

- ...and Blake defends British TV (didn't realize it could be picked up in Indiana, actually)

- Matt is the mediator in Rob and Blake's bustin' each others chaps!

- Crafty is looking for mod love, but may be "looking for love in all the wrong places" after calling Rob a "Troll" - although Rob doesn't seem to mind.

- Rich assures Crafty that mod love isn't what it's cracked up to be (not sure how Rich knows this?)

- No one else seems to question Rich's knowledge on mod love - I guess "don't ask don't tell" applies on TAT?

- Blake is super-excited about finding a water-proof notebook for his trip (nobody points out that he will also need a water-proof pen - kindly letting him enjoy the moment.)

- Blake is also getting a GPS the size of a cell phone implanted in his arse - okay, someone really should point out how this will ruin his pantless chaps look!

- Duckster posted a picture of the long-lost Canadian member of the Village People.

- Crafty spent more on a bed than she/they have ever spent on any other single thing (okay, am I the only one who's a little curious about their house and car?)

- Rich asked Crafty, inappropriately I think, how hot her new bed is?

- Crafty didn't seem to mind the question (she really is crafty, isn't she?)

- Darren, Rich and Garry made fun of sweet, synthetic old men (you guys really did miss me, didn't you?

- And Con....er, Intrigued's happiest day was getting downsized. I'm actually working on downsizing myself, too. I can get into some pants that I haven't worn in a while. I think people who wear chaps probably don't have that problem. Like Diukster's Village People person, he just has to get bigger maple leafs!

Okay, TATers, that's it for this recap. :thumbup1:

- Blake's delivering pizzas now, sans chaps (is that like Sans-A-Belt?)

Wait, what? :001_huh:

- ....and Blake finally admits it's fun wearing chaps without pants!

I did? :huh:

- In the midst of one of the worst national disasters ever, Rob is complaining about British TV?

:lol::lol::lol:

- No one else seems to question Rich's knowledge on mod love - I guess "don't ask don't tell" applies on TAT?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

- Blake is super-excited about finding a water-proof notebook for his trip (nobody points out that he will also need a water-proof pen - kindly letting him enjoy the moment.)

This has actually been discussed but it must have been on FB TAT.

- Crafty spent more on a bed than she/they have ever spent on any other single thing (okay, am I the only one who's a little curious about their house and car?)

I thought about asking the same thing! :lol:

Top Bottom