What's new

Primary Colognes

Gents, I thought it would be interesting to find out what are your primary colognes for work, clubbing, lounging, church, etc. You get the the picture. Here are mine:

Work: Floris Santal or Floris Vetiver

Evening events: Floris Sandalwood or Piper Nigrum

Lounging at home: T&H West Indian Limes or Trumper GFT

Church: Floris #89 or Penhaligons Hamman Bouquet

Of course I Have many colognes that I could substitute and usually do but these are my go to scents.

Who's next?

Work/School: Creed Silver Mountain Water, Acqua di Gio, Escada Sentiment
Clubbing/Evening: Creed Himalaya, Dolce&Gabbana Por Homme

Ooh, good topic.

Unfortunately, all I do is work or take care of kids.... :huh:

Work: pretty much anything. The edge might go to 1805 for general purposes

Lounging on weekends: Taylor no.74 Victorian Limes

Soccer days: L'Occitane Vetyver

Meeting kids teachers: Taylor Sandalwood

I don't specific occasions for each cologne.

My favorites are:

Creed Tabarome Original
Creed Bois du Portugal
C&E Sandalwood
Penhaligon's Douro / Lords

N

natebeck

My list is as follows:

My All-time favorite - Trumper's Wild Fern
My 5 and 3 year olds favorite - Trumper's Spanish Leather
Favorite rainy day cologne - Trumper's Spanish Leather
Wife's Favorite - Tommy
Favorite Summer Cologne - Floris Special No. 127

My two "go to" colognes are Taylors Mr. Taylor, and Brooks Brothers 1818.

Crusellas for hot summer days, and Penhaligons for "special occasions" Everything else it just "filler"

If I could narrow it down to just one cologne - it would be Mr. Taylors without question - why this cologne isn't being hoarded by the masses is beyond me! Puts 1805, Spanish Leather, Santal, the works to shame.

joel said:
If I could narrow it down to just one cologne - it would be Mr. Taylors without question - why this cologne isn't being hoarded by the masses is beyond me! Puts 1805, Spanish Leather, Santal, the works to shame.

My guess?

personal preference. What a wonderful concept.

I purchased A*MEN the mans version of ANGEL about a month ago. I have never received so many compliments about how good I smelled. I have been stopped twice by women who asked me what I was wearing, so they could buy it for their husbands. I'm 58 years young, bald head, 25LBS over weight and when I get that kind of attention I'm ready to buy a gallon of A*Men and forget the rest of it. Ohhhh, my wife even likes the way I smell with A*Men and she almost never notices what I have on.

Tony Espo

My (and my wife's) top choice is JHL; a fragrance created in 1982 by Estee Lauder for her husband John. Currently out of production but still readily available on the 'net (I have two stashed).

My second choice is Acqua di Parma a beautiful fragrance, third is (newly found by me and seconded by SWMBO) Creed Original Vetiver. And that's that.

Andrew, I'd be interested to see how your tastes have changed/evolved since this was first presented.

:lol::lol::lol:

You've certainly earned your custom title with this one! But it's a good one to pull up, as I'd like to see how Andrew's tastes have changed, too. :thumbup1:

Gents, I thought it would be interesting to find out what are your primary colognes for work, clubbing, lounging, church, etc. You get the the picture. Here are mine:

Work: Floris Santal or Floris Vetiver

Evening events: Floris Sandalwood or Piper Nigrum

Lounging at home: T&H West Indian Limes or Trumper GFT

Church: Floris #89 or Penhaligons Hamman Bouquet

Of course I Have many colognes that I could substitute and usually do but these are my go to scents.

Who's next?

All of them.

Hey all...

Primary Colognes: Zegna Colonia/Hanae Mori HM/Prada Amber

but that's not all...scents are a package (imagine you're the hot chick sitting next to yourself in class...)...so I tend to use a lot of paul mitchell products. Awapuhi. Tea tree. Can't beat em!

I suppose that I should answer the question, to be fair.

I don't think of scents as matching the occasion so much as matching my attire.

Casual: Ogallala Bay Rum w/ Limes & Peppercorns, Florida Water, Agua Lavanda Puig
Buisness Casual, Semi-Formal, Formal: C&E Sandalwood, Guerlain Vetyver, Agua Lavanda Puig

My two "go to" colognes are Taylors Mr. Taylor, and Brooks Brothers 1818.

Crusellas for hot summer days, and Penhaligons for "special occasions" Everything else it just "filler"

I love this cologne BUT.....it just does not last on me. That is the ONLY problem that I have with it.

Top Bottom