What's new

Tea Tree Oil Shampoo?

Does anyone here use Tea tree oil shampoo? I hear it has many salubrious effects on the scalp and the hair, it smells good, and is good for both dry hair and oil hair? What's the deal with this shampoo is it as good as it's cracked up to be? Which brand do you use? Is Paul Mitchell worth the price?

Thanks.

I tried Paul Mitchell's tea tree oil shampoo a few years ago, and it irritated my scalp. I remember my scalp being itchy for a few days.

Does anyone here use Tea tree oil shampoo? I hear it has many salubrious effects on the scalp and the hair, it smells good, and is good for both dry hair and oil hair? What's the deal with this shampoo is it as good as it's cracked up to be? Which brand do you use? Is Paul Mitchell worth the price?

Thanks.

Tea tree oil smells something like camphor, it's not really pleasant. But within the shampoo you will not smell it at all. The main benefits of tea tree are the anti-bacterial and anti-fungicidal properties. It can be beneficial for people with scalp issues caused by fungus or bacteria.
In my case I like it alot, because I have dandruff which is caused by fungus which thrive from the excess sebum created by my scalp.
Tea tree does a wonderful job by killing those fungus, and so, relieving from dandruff.

I'm using 2 different shampoo: Giovanni Organics Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo and Hugo Naturals Tea Tree & Lavender Shampoo.
Both are great, but I do prefer the Hugo's because it's a bit more drying, which I like. For people who have oily hair, a drying shampoo is a blessing :001_smile

<snip>
I'm using 2 different shampoo: Giovanni Organics Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo and Hugo Naturals Tea Tree & Lavender Shampoo.
Both are great, but I do prefer the Hugo's because it's a bit more drying, which I like. For people who have oily hair, a drying shampoo is a blessing :001_smile

I have the Giovanni shampoo and conditioner. I love them. Fantastic stuff.

I use the Vitamin World Tea tree shampoo. It does a great job with keeping my scalp from itching. I believe that my scalp is cleaner with this shampoo.

I am using the knock off of Paul Mitchell's tea tree shampoo as sold by Sally Beauty supply. It has a most pleasant peppermint odor.

I seem to recall a positive posting in the review section on the American Crew product. I don't know how available it is. I checked in the section at Target but they did not carry that variety.

I've used tea tree oil shampoo for years. I find it one of the best shampoos I've ever used. I do use other shampoo's, just so my hair doesn't get any buildup, but I use the tea tree often. Its great stuff. :thumbup1:

Like everything else on B&B, YMMV. My wife bought me this stuff and I have to double wash with it. Worse is that, to me, it smells like bug spray.

It smells like a funeral parlor to me, but it is effective so I keep using it. As far as I can tell the Jason Tea Tree shampoo has no SLS, if that is of concern to anyone (it is to me).

Helped me reign in a little outbreak of dandruff. Scent is was nice - not anything super outstanding or utterly horrid, just nice... sort of a minty like scent meets a fresh clean soap. I used a brand called Nature's Gate since that was the only one I found in local grocery stores (Wegmans).

Like everything else on B&B, YMMV. My wife bought me this stuff and I have to double wash with it. Worse is that, to me, it smells like bug spray.

I use JASON Tea Tree shampoo. It is actually supposed to be a "double wash" shampoo. Use just a dime-size dab for the first time around and let sit for a minute, rinse lightly, then use the normal amount. It's relatively inexpensive, so I don't mind using a little more than I would with another shampoo. It leaves my hair and scalp in great condition.

As for smell...it smells herbal to me, with a little medicinal zing from the tea tree oil. But it doesn't smell once you've rinsed. To me, this beats the peppermint smell so prevalent in most tea tree products!

I use Organix Tea Tree Mint, its great I think especially for the price of around $6. Plus its sulfate and paraben free. I feel the sulfate free makes a difference for my hair!

Honestly, I just shampoo with Dr. Bronner's tea tree castile soap. My hair has never been better, and it has no SLS or SLES.

Honestly, I just shampoo with Dr. Bronner's tea tree castile soap. My hair has never been better, and it has no SLS or SLES.

That only works if you don't have hard water, or if you have it, do a vinegar rinse. Try to use it with hard water and you will see what happens then.

Top Bottom