What's new

Who sells double edged razors?

Are there any store chains that carry razors for a DE shaver? I’d rather purchase locally than have to buy online and get hit for shipping costs.

Thanks.

I don't think I've seen any DE razors on local store shelves in a good many years. :thumbdown

Any that I've either had or now have I got online. I've usually bundled the razor with other things so the shipping wasn't so bad. I think I'd just bite the bullet and purchase online. :thumbup1:

Some knife/cutlery stores will sell razors. They tend to have limited selection and prices may be higher than online.

If you are looking for a vintage razor, you can try antique stores. Very hit or miss.

Even with shipping costs, you'll do better to shop online ... you'll have much wider selection, you'll be buying from reputable, knowledgeable vendors, and the internet price (+shipping) will probably be less than you pay in a retail store with sales tax.

You can always watch the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum here, although that venue might be hit-or-miss if you're looking for something specific. And you have to be quick on the trigger, because there is lots of competition for some items.

Welcome to B&B, and Happy Shaving!

online is cheaper even after shipping like others have said...

but i too would rather buy locally..

you can always search out a AOS (art of shaving) locally.. im sure there is one within drivnig distance.. overpriced some, but still a fun trip, and their products all be them expensive work great

Are there any store chains that carry razors for a DE shaver? I’d rather purchase locally than have to buy online and get hit for shipping costs.

Thanks.

None here in Brevard County that I've been able to find. I will buy on the interwebs.

Last edited:
Heck I'd check right here in the buy/sell/trade section. The sellers will talk to you via PMs and lots of times shipping is included in the price. You can get some pretty nice stuff here. And they like to know their razors will be going to a good home.

Of course if you require a brand new razor that's different.

walmart is selling Wilkinson sword, walmart will never be a local store an the the blades are okay-ish :bored:

I'm not a fan of walmart, but the Wilkinson's are worth a try, some people like 'em (me included) & at $1.75 for ten blades judge for yourself...

Thanks for the replies. I may try the Wilkinsons, but as many posted, it is cheaper to buy online than to spend a lot on gas.

Just to clarify, the OP is asking about razor blades.

Almost any drug or grocery store, plus the aforementioned Walmart, carries DE blades, but these should only be used in a pinch. Online is where you will get the best selection and the best price, even with shipping.

Last edited:
Antique Stores! You can usually score lots of vintage Gillette, Schick, and Gem razors after checking just a few of them. Way better prices than buying a new razor also.

I found mine at a local cutlery store. Surpisingly I just did a google search for "safety razor" and my city name and it popped up. I paid a few more $$ for my brush and razor but its hard to beat being able to hold and inspect the items before you purchase.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Welcome. BGT offers blades shipped via First Class mail. It is cheaper than a gallon of gas.

See their selection here:

http://bestgroomingtools.com/razor-blades-c-83.html

Also, The Superior Shave offers free shipping and they are in FL.

http://www.thesuperiorshave.com/Double_Edge_Blades.html
Chris:
+1 for Superior Shave (I bought my Merkur's 23C & 38C from them), w/ free shipping for USA, Puerto Rico, AE/DPO/APO, & no minimum order". :thumbup:

Christopher
proxy.php
"Life is [like] a razor, you are always in hot water or a scrape" Anonymous

Online is where you will get the best selection and the best price, even with shipping.

It's most efficient if you're not buying single 5 or 10 blade packs but rather 100 or more blades. Only do this once you know what works for you.

Order a blade sample pack and check out several different types, its cheap. Then once you figure out what you like best, order in bulk.

Top Bottom