What's new

Banish the funnel - AS bottle transfer solution!

Call me old fashioned or retro but using AS out of a plastic bottle loses something in translation. Give me glass any day! So I have accumulated a small flock (six) of vintage AS bottles. Problem is how to get the AS into the vintage bottles without spilling.

So one of the products is Thayer's Witch Hazel. The cap on it unscrews from the plastic bottle it comes in. When in use it has a flip top with a very, very small spout the WH comes out of. Having emptied the WH product into an original AS glass bottle via the tiny spout, I unscrewed the cap and rinsed it out. With the cap off, the opening is the size of a nickel or so.

I took one look and realized that here was a MUCH better way to transfer contents instead of a funnel. So, for each product it is first emptied into the rinsed out WH bottle. Then screw the cap on and flip the lid open revealing the tiny spout. This spout then can be inserted into the top of any glass bottle with a small opening. Works like a charm!

Last edited:
I was thinking that about my Pinuad Clubman Bottle just the other day, there is definitely no class in a Plastic bottle so thanks for the tip. -Blade Boy

When I empty this , I will go get a 2 oz. feeding syringe and transfer from a new plastic bottle to the this nice heavy vintage glass one. I don't want to spill any AS on the label. :)
Glass bottles do look much better in my den..its the small touches that, in aggregate, make the difference to me.

I've been looking for older glass bottles to put my WH & AS in but am not able to find bottles with lids. Any suggestions on where to find lids for those classic bottles? I'd hate to just stick a cork or sliver or wood in it.

Thanks,

Tons

When I empty this , I will go get a 2 oz. feeding syringe and transfer from a new plastic bottle to the this nice heavy vintage glass one. I don't want to spill any AS on the label. :)
Glass bottles do look much better in my den..its the small touches that, in aggregate, make the difference to me.

I have that same Aqua Velva bottle (which can be purchased very reasonable off of Ebay, complete with full contents), and I preserved the sticker with clear fingernail polish. It should last a good long time, even if I accidentally get it slightly wet.

Vintage Aqua Velva in glass container. $12.82 shipped. BIN.

Wal-Mart sells glass vinegar or olive oil decanters with a tapered stainless tip. I've transferred my AS to these. I think it looks far better, and it's pretty inexpensive at $4 per bottle.

Another decanting option is the plastic pipette, which comes in different lengths and volumes. Much slower than pouring with a funnel, of course, but the risk of loss is very very low.

I have that same Aqua Velva bottle (which can be purchased very reasonable off of Ebay, complete with full contents), and I preserved the sticker with clear fingernail polish. It should last a good long time, even if I accidentally get it slightly wet.

Vintage Aqua Velva in glass container. $12.82 shipped. BIN.

Hey, that clear fingernail polish sounds like a good idea, thanks.
I got this and a vintage bottle of Spanish Floid on the bay. Like you said, at a decent price on the Aqua Velva, too. Wish I could have gotten the Floid for that price on the box......
Regards

Top Bottom