What's new

Sole Edge Dressing-THE BEST ???

When you want that finishing touch on your freshly polished shoes, you reach for the sole edge dressing...right?

Well what kind do YOU use and what has been your experience with other brands?

Which ones rubs off of your pant legs or floor?

Which one do you think is the best?

I just use shoe polish to dress the sole edges. Sometimes I use black polish even on brown/wine shoes. Used to use sole dressing (forget now which kind) but it looked artificially shiny, cracked and was messy to deal with. Gave up after about one bottle.

Allen Edmonds makes a very effective one with a sponge applicator tip-still easy to make a mess with but works great.

not only because i worked there for 3 summers, but because i TRULY believe its the best as well as the best polish..

FIEBINGS ...

ps - they make allen edmonds, its just repackaged

not only because i worked there for 3 summers, but because i TRULY believe its the best as well as the best polish..

FIEBINGS ...

ps - they make allen edmonds, its just repackaged

Now that is an interesting discovery for me.

Thank you for sharing this information.

What else did they repackage for other companies in that plant?

In my younger days when I shined shoes, the old Fiebings use to rub off on the floor...has it gotten better? :blink:

I use "Forever Black Bumper & Trim Reconditioner," available at your local Pep Boys.

Also, Lexol Cleaner is another car-related product that happens to work well on shoes.

I use "Forever Black Bumper & Trim Reconditioner," available at your local Pep Boys.

Also, Lexol Cleaner is another car-related product that happens to work well on shoes.

I am very familar with Lexol products, however I have never have used them yet.

I am looking forward to trying them soon.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
When you want that finishing touch on your freshly polished shoes, you reach for the sole edge dressing...right?

Well what kind do YOU use and what has been your experience with other brands?

Which ones rubs off of your pant legs or floor?

Which one do you think is the best?
Mark:
Being a Army Vet, we always used Kiwi "Honor Guard" edge dressing, but Kiwi discontinued making the old "Honor Guard" edge dressing that came in a square glass bottle with a little dauber ball applicator.

The replacement is now in a 2½ plastic 'no mess' sponge applicator which is a great improvement over the glass bottle because I remember many of times when I accidently knocked over a bottle....major FUBAR. :lol1:

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
I just use shoe polish to dress the sole edges. Sometimes I use black polish even on brown/wine shoes. Used to use sole dressing (forget now which kind) but it looked artificially shiny, cracked and was messy to deal with. Gave up after about one bottle.

I do this too.

Of note, when I have my shoes shined at the airport most of them use shoe polish on the sole edges.

Last edited:
I have hated every product deemed specifically a sole edge dressing I have every tried. Too messy, too shiny, too aritifical looking, and tends to crack.

I do not use Dyanshine as an overall shoe polish, but for me it is a perfect edge dressing. Getting harder and harder to find Dyanshine though.

When I was shining shoes years ago, I used Fiebings Sole edge...

Last night I bought a Kiwi sole edge and used it on my leather sole and the Ecco rubber sole...it looked alright...but I am going to see how it preforms on the showroom floor today...:thumbup:

I do not dress the edge with every shine since I shine my shoes just about monthly but when I do I use the exact same product my local "shoemaker" (it's what the cobbler is called in the Bronx) uses. Don't know the name.

Mike

Top Bottom