What's new

Smoothness

It seems to me that my shave feels smoother a couple of hours after I shave. Am I abnormal (well, I know I am abnormal, but about this specifically)? Thanks.

its because you face had healed up and bit and tightened up. the pores have closed and the water/moisture has dried also.

what blows my mind is sometimes right before i go to bed i wash my face. the stubble doesnt feel bad until i wash the days dirt/grim off exposing the growth.

It seems to me that my shave feels smoother a couple of hours after I shave. Am I abnormal (well, I know I am abnormal, but about this specifically)? Thanks.

My wife laughs at me as I'm rubbing parts of my face and neck while we are driving in the car on weekends when I've taken the time for a luxurious full-prep, full lathred 3 pass shave.

So the question is how many face rubs do I get before it's considered to be faceturbation?

Yeah, that's the truth. Your face has "calmed" down, and your pores have closed up.

Sometimes we forget and right after being done with our shave we rub our hand over the shaved area and still feel stubble. You'll feel stubble until your face settles down. This feeling is probably a big cause of overshaving and razor burn. Sometimes I find myself guilty of this as I try all too soon for that elusive BBS. :thumbdown

The best time to check the closeness of your shave is an hour or two later. :w00t:

My wife laughs at me as I'm rubbing parts of my face and neck while we are driving in the car on weekends when I've taken the time for a luxurious full-prep, full lathred 3 pass shave.

So the question is how many face rubs do I get before it's considered to be faceturbation?

It's perfectly normal as long as you aren't doing it in public, or too often :blush:

If you have to shave your palms...

Faceturbation.:w00t:

Yeah, that's the truth. Your face has "calmed" down, and your pores have closed up.

Sometimes we forget and right after being done with our shave we rub our hand over the shaved area and still feel stubble. You'll feel stubble until your face settles down. This feeling is probably a big cause of overshaving and razor burn. Sometimes I find myself guilty of this as I try all too soon for that elusive BBS. :thumbdown

The best time to check the closeness of your shave is an hour or two later. :w00t:

A big +1

If you touch it more than once, it is.

I noticed that on my face the effect is more pronounced if a wait a minute or two between passes, resulting in an even smoother final result.

Maybe the cutting/tugging irritates the follicles so they push the hair out a bit?

Same thing happens to me when using carts btw.

ToughtoShave --

When you wet your beard in preparation for shaving, the whiskers expand slightly. After shaving, the whiskers dry out and shrink back, both in girth and in length. So the very, very slight presence of whiskers at the end of the shave seem to disappear as the whiskers dry out.

Given a good to great shave, this will leave you BBS for several hours.

Pretty neat, huh?

-- John Gehman

Top Bottom