What's new

Strange.

Has anyone ever used two different blades and gotten almost the identical shave only to find the difference a few hours later. I used a Feather and an Astra Plat. back to back and got the same great shave from both. However, about three hours after the shave with the Astra, I could feel a lot of stubble. When I use a Feather, the clean shave lasts much longer. Strange?

Has anyone ever used two different blades and gotten almost the identical shave only to find the difference a few hours later. I used a Feather and an Astra Plat. back to back and got the same great shave from both. However, about three hours after the shave with the Astra, I could feel a lot of stubble. When I use a Feather, the clean shave lasts much longer. Strange?

Not to me it isn't, 'cause I've had the exact same experience.

My first thought is a difference in prep. More water penetration further swells the hairs, which then retract a bit when drying after the shave. Thus, the longer-lasting smooth face. I got a long, long smoothie when last I Astra'd.

Then again, maybe the Feather scares the hairs into laying low for longer. :wink2:

My first thought is a difference in prep. More water penetration further swells the hairs, which then retract a bit when drying after the shave. Thus, the longer-lasting smooth face. I got a long, long smoothie when last I Astra'd.

Then again, maybe the Feather scares the hairs into laying low for longer. :wink2:

You're right. That one shave was a bit rushed. Today's shave was back to normal with plenty of hot water on the face before the shave. Details make a difference.

Top Bottom