What's new

Help with watch i.d.

I found a picture of this watch when I was doing a Google search yesterday, but can't seem to find any other information about it. I went to the original website, but it is basically just a slideshow of some older Timex watches.

View attachment 146200

Does anyone have any idea what model this might be?

IIRC all of the Automatics were part of the "Marlin" line

Edit: wrong, they were Viscounts

Can you read the Serial # at the bottom of the dial?

should be XXXXX (6) XXXXX

Last edited:
No, unfortunately I can't read it. I messed around with it for a while and tried zooming in with no luck.

Timex now is a totally different outfit than the ones made back when. Timex made a bazillion watches using just a handful of reliable cheap mvmts they also made.

Found an old catalog
proxy.php

full res scan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonliebigstuff/3054021382/sizes/o/in/photostream/

That looks great. Thanks for the research. Now to try and find one used that I can buy!

Just keep in mind the old Timex watches had pretty basic mvmts. They were designed to be worn for so many years and then trashed. They were not made to be fixed. Some of the parts were actually riveted together to prevent disassembly. I'm talking models made in the 50s and 60s through the early 70s.

Just keep in mind the old Timex watches had pretty basic mvmts. They were designed to be worn for so many years and then trashed. They were not made to be fixed. Some of the parts were actually riveted together to prevent disassembly. I'm talking models made in the 50s and 60s through the early 70s.

There again i have 2 (1976 & 1977) that are my everyday watches, show no signs of ever being serviced, and are accurate to +1min a day.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom