What's new

AoS Sandalwood

The soap is one of my favorites as well. I wish they made an aftershave splash with the same great scent. I have tried the balm, which also smells great, but it felt a bit to heavy on my skin.

The soap is one of my favorites as well. I wish they made an aftershave splash with the same great scent. I have tried the balm, which also smells great, but it felt a bit to heavy on my skin.

Try the gel. I just got my first during the last weekend sale. While I also wish they made a splash, the gel is light enough that it will be my go to this summer. The balm works fine for me in the winter but I have to go very light. Only two pumps.

Oh, and +1 on the soap. My favorite, in any of the scents.

Ken

I ordered the balm as well with some back-up refills. I saw the gel too, but was hesitant as my experience with AS gels hasn't been that great. They always feel sticky afterwards. Is this not the case with AoS?

AoS Sandalwood is a great performer. The scent is distinctive and pleasant, but not my favourite. It comes out every once in a while for me. For both, give me Valobra, Sapone per barba stick.

David

Superb soap. Love the smell, the performance. FWIIW, it doesn't really smell like sandalwood though.

I thought about that too. It's hard to place, but the scent has a really nice clean and masculine characteristic to it. I was thinking the other night that it's probably second to my Pen's EF with tallow.

AOS Sandalwood was my first shaving cream purchase. After finishing the first tub I recently bought the Jack Black shaving cream (which sucks) and can't wait to go back, but I'm curious about trying another Sandalwood cream. What is everyone's thoughts on Green Pond or TOBs?

AOS Sandalwood was my first shaving cream purchase. After finishing the first tub I recently bought the Jack Black shaving cream (which sucks) and can't wait to go back, but I'm curious about trying another Sandalwood cream. What is everyone's thoughts on Green Pond or TOBs?

I had a sample of Green Pond and it was great. It is made by D.R. Harris in England for Green Pond. It smells just like Harris Sandalwood cologne. I tried to order a tub from Green Pond last month but I was informed that they don't take credit cards...:huh:

I ordered the balm as well with some back-up refills. I saw the gel too, but was hesitant as my experience with AS gels hasn't been that great. They always feel sticky afterwards. Is this not the case with AoS?

I didn't find it sticky in the least, Justin. I was worried about that. Have had your similar experience, but, IMO, this one is very nice. Soaked right in in 1/4 the time the balm takes. I'd give it a go.
:thumbup:
Ken

Hello,
Any thoughts on a complimentary splash?
I may check out the gel, but the thought of that or the balm leaves me hesitant.
-Dan

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I used a newly acquired puck of AOS Sandalwood for the very first time this morning. In fact, this is my first experience with AOS branded software, having used Valobra shaving stick however. It was a very pleasing shave and a nice scent. Copious amounts of lather via hot tap water, a Simpson CH1 in Best, and the AOS puck ill fitted in a vintage custard glass Old Spice Mug.

Top Bottom