What's new

Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood...Who makes it any better?

Beautifully fragranced Indian sandalwood cream in a deep blue pot. These creams are underappreciated, but deliver a masculine, sweet lather to clip the morning shadow and leave you feeling ready to go.

I thought Salter's Indian Sandalwood smelled like incense in Church. Fake and WAYY too strong in the face. I sold it to another member. He seems to like it.

I am a pure Sandalwood guy and it's gotta be PURE E.O. AoS is the only Pure E.O. Sandalwood shave cream that i'm aware of.

I liked the scent of it at first but too spicy in the long run. I like Salter creams quite a bit, I always seem to have some around but I was glad to see the bottom of the container in this scent.

I really enjoy AOS Sandalwood and thought about picking this one up. Spicy, incense, ginger snaps. Sounds good to me!

Beautifully fragranced Indian sandalwood cream in a deep blue pot. These creams are underappreciated, but deliver a masculine, sweet lather to clip the morning shadow and leave you feeling ready to go.

I had forgotten about mine in the back of the shave den. Reading this I need to break it back out.

I thought Salter's Indian Sandalwood smelled like incense in Church. Fake and WAYY too strong in the face. I sold it to another member. He seems to like it.

I am a pure Sandalwood guy and it's gotta be PURE E.O. AoS is the only Pure E.O. Sandalwood shave cream that i'm aware of.

Yes I have been searching for an alternative to AOS, I love pure sandalwood EO. I was hoping the QCS was pure EO, but at the price he's offering them ($12) I don't think he could make it happen.

Everytime I'm at the health food store I dab some Sandalwood EO on... it's just heavenly.

Yes I have been searching for an alternative to AOS, I love pure sandalwood EO. .

Hi there,

Over the years I've sampled lots of sandalwood scented products. Far as shaving creams/soaps go, I'd almost give the nod to AOS for their using of a straight ahead single note sandalwood. No idea what variety of sandalwood it is, but it's unblended, unlike what some other products will often do.

You might like to try the sandalwood soap that Charles offers at QED. His product is the only version of that scent in my rotation. I prefer it over the AOS version because the QED stuff is drier, more interesting, and more intense. To my nose, the sandalwood EO isn't exactly the same note that AOS is known for. Heh, Charles uses a stronger and more 'woody' single note sandalwood.

Runs around $20 I think, IF he has some in stock. That can be an iffy thing, or it has been in the past anyway. One of the better glycerin based soaps performance wise.

Martin

Last edited:
You might like to try the sandalwood soap that Charles offers at QED. His product is the only version of that scent in my rotation. I prefer it over the AOS version because the QED stuff is drier, more interesting, and more intense.

Thanks for the tip :thumbup1:

i have a sample of this and although I love the scent of this, definitely not like any of the other sandalwood scents I've tried. the AOS is my favorite, but i would probably buy a tub of this when my sample's out.

Yes I have been searching for an alternative to AOS, I love pure sandalwood EO. I was hoping the QCS was pure EO, but at the price he's offering them ($12) I don't think he could make it happen.

Everytime I'm at the health food store I dab some Sandalwood EO on... it's just heavenly.

Buy yourself an unscented cream in mass quantity and add a tiny bit of Sandalwood EO...continue to flavor to taste (just add it to the tub and mix it up really well). However, be cautious how much you add, not only because Sandalwood EO is so expensive but because too much will likely cause a breakout or some other negative skin reaction to all the oil.

Buy yourself an unscented cream in mass quantity and add a tiny bit of Sandalwood EO...continue to flavor to taste (just add it to the tub and mix it up really well). However, be cautious how much you add, not only because Sandalwood EO is so expensive but because too much will likely cause a breakout or some other negative skin reaction to all the oil.

I did try this with cedarwood and also lemon oil... you're right sandalwood EO is pricey so I'm a little scared to take the plunge, given my perfumery skills are lacking. (I tend to either get irritation or not enough scent.) Maybe if I can get it right with the cedarwood (it was only like $3) I'll dive in and get some sandalwood EO.

Top Bottom