What's new

A question for ladies re brushes

My daughter in law has gotten interested in DE shaving and we PIFed her SWMBOs' Lady Gillette. I can't convince SWMBO that DE shaving is best.

For a brush, she is now sharing an EverReady restore that I did for her husband.

I am planning on restoring a brush for her and I seem to recall other threads that said that the ladies preferred the longer handles, similar to the picture, and I am guessing that they would like soft & plush rather than scritchy.

What do you say ?

thanks

If we're talking legs, it's definitely more area to cover vs. a face, so I think a big knot in silvertip set to a decent loft would be an excellent choice. If she is going to use creams, it would be easy to whip up and would hold a lot of lather as well.

It would seem that a longer handle would be beneficial too, similar to how some razors have a longer handle (thinking of the lady gillette).

I went through 3 brushes before I found the one I like. It's a 24mm Silvertip with extra stuffing which I bought from Penworks.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I went through 3 brushes before I found the one I like. It's a 24mm Silvertip with extra stuffing which I bought from Penworks.

Thank you Malaspina.

Do you ever find yourself wishing for a longer handle ?

Mblakele said:

Thank you Mblakele.
Not to get too personal, but what brush do you use and like ?

Benvh said:
If we're talking legs, it's definitely more area to cover vs. a face, so I think a big knot in silvertip set to a decent loft would be an excellent choice. If she is going to use creams, it would be easy to whip up and would hold a lot of lather as well.

It would seem that a longer handle would be beneficial too, similar to how some razors have a longer handle (thinking of the lady gillette).

Thank you Benvh.
That is my reasoning but sometimes SWMBOs don't think like I do. :wink2:

I'm female, and I haven't found my best brush yet. All the more reason to try LOTS more!

That being said, I do tend to like bigger knots (due to more "territory" to cover) and soft tips. I haven't tried a long handled brush yet, but it would give me a bit more reach to get to my ankles more easily. However, I tend to leg lather, and I wonder if a long handled brush would be more difficult to create lather on my legs with? It would probably be great for bowl lathering.

Any guys out there face lather with a long handled brush????

That handle seems to be perfect for me. I wouldn't want it any longer because of how I hold the brush and I am doing leg lathering too. The knot itself is amazing, very thick, and very lush. Since I bought this baby last spring I haven't been tempted to stray :001_wub:

I am sorry, but the term "leg lather" is something I found quite amusing :)

Sorry to interrupt! I wish you good shaving in the future :)

Top Bottom