What's new

Who was USA President in your birth year ?

S

sullivanpm

No kidding. It's like the time I visited an old service buddy in Kansas a few years back. He introduced me to his 17 y/o daughter. In conversation I asked her what was a good radio station there. She told me there was a great station that played oldies.

You can guess her next statement.

"You know, Led Zeppelin, Boston, Styx --- oldies"

/get off my lawn

The classic rock stations around here have now mixed in Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP in to their rotation. Talk about feeling old, and I am not even 30 yet.

Damn!! George the VI, someone older than me:eek: .
Truman. Actually saw Ike campaign as a small boy in Iowa.
I'll not talk about music other than to say that Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel and the Momas and Poppas in '66, with a big attaboy to the Byrds for Turn, Turn, Turn in '65 and Eight Miles High later. The Beach Boys with Help Me Ronda as a favorite as was Sitting on the Camron Bay (our Nam modification, thank you Otis Redding).
Although, the Kingston Trio had may good songs, my favorite the Merry Minuate.
"There's rioting in Africa, there's strife in Iran. There's hurricanes in Florida, and Texas needs rain. The whole world is festering with unhappiness, the French hate the Germans, the South Africans hate the Dutch, the Italians hate Yugoslav's (seems like there is one more in the song, but memory fails) and I don't like anybody very much!"
"But we shall be certain that some lovely day, someone will set the bomb off, and we will be blown away."

No kidding. It's like the time I visited an old service buddy in Kansas a few years back. He introduced me to his 17 y/o daughter. In conversation I asked her what was a good radio station there. She told me there was a great station that played oldies.

You can guess her next statement.

"You know, Led Zeppelin, Boston, Styx --- oldies"

/get off my lawn

I was going to put Regan too, but then remembered that Carter was still there when I was born. Does that make me an elder statesman here too?

Top Bottom