What's new

Floaties in my aftershave??

Just had some La Toja delivered to me and it had some floaties swirling around in it. The wife said, "What the heck is THAT stuff floating around there?" I said I had no idea. Is this normal?? :blink:

Sounds like one of the ingredients is crystallizing out of the solution. Was the bottle exposed to temperature extremes (hot or cold)? That might cause something to crystallize and not re-dissolve. I doubt if it's a foreign substance or contamination...probably just one of the wonder ingredients that doesn't want to stay dissolved!

Sounds like one of the ingredients is crystallizing out of the solution.

Hmmm... possibly.

Was the bottle exposed to temperature extremes (hot or cold)? That might cause something to crystallize and not re-dissolve.

That, I guess, is the thousand dollar question - for which I have no answer. If it was exposed to some extreme temp, that does sound plausible.

Any chemists/chemistry students out there?

I would think it is a bad batch or was exposed to some extreme temperature. Most aftershaves contain an emulsifier to make sure the aftershave does not seperate. Just contact the vendor.

I have that problem when I acquired my father in laws pussers WIL and I get little flakes when I use it but it's been sitting awhile I've been told.

I've got two bottles right now with stuff floating in them. One appears to have a little wood or herbs in it and I figure it was not filtered well. The other has tiny white specks but they seem to stay constant and they are not multiplying!

Both smell fine and I continue to use them.

Top Bottom