What's new

Fitjars shave soap- Can I get some opinions?

The creams are outstanding. I had a sample of soap that I used a few times and found it to be nothing special.

The soap I used is Fjellheim and it turned out to be nothing special. Additionally, the soap contains a lot of agents which are not too good for your skin.

The creams are outstanding. I had a sample of soap that I used a few times and found it to be nothing special.

+1

I'm mostly a soap man but with Fitjar I would recommend going with their creams instead. I found them to be far superior to their soaps. YMMV.

Their creams are outstanding. I have been using Woods and Fjellheim creams lately and I always get fantastic results.

I'm currently going through my samples of Fitjar creams. Thing is, I own plenty of creams already and I'm slowly switching to face lathering, so I was thinking of buying the soap equivalents instead.

I bought six samples of the creams before Christmas, and of the four I've tried so far, three have been excellent. The Sandalwood is great, but East Indies and Bee My Honey are my top picks. Miklagard gave me a raw/burning sensation but I'm not sure if it was the cream or the new scritchier brush I face lathered with, so I'll have to give it another whirl. I've still got Shea Pleasure and Calmomilla left to try. I love the scent of neroli but the cream was out of stock at the time of ordering, so I've been considering buying a jar of the Neroli soap. After seeing mixed responses, now I'm not so sure... maybe I ought to hedge my bets. :huh: Hopefully more people will chime in on the efficacy of the soaps.

Anybody know which of the soaps have tallow?

Jorunn has most of them listed here as "New Formula" soaps.

I have been using Fitjars Soap for three days now and find it to be an great tallow based soap. I just begged off the MWF challange because a got my Fitjars at the same time from Straight Razor Design.

Yep, the soap was just "good", which means that considering the price, I'd probably buy something else.

+1....I bought 4 creams based on the reviews and was happy with the quality however,as mentioned in previous posts, all of my creams are shipped to me and the cost was high. I was not in the same league of people who raved and sang the praises of Fitjar. Good? for sure;Outstanding? The jury is still out. I need to spend more time with them and build a relationship with these creams before moving them up into the pantheon of great shaving creams.

The overall shave experience was inproved greatly by washing my face before shaving using the Fitjar soap.

The soap I used is Fjellheim and it turned out to be nothing special. Additionally, the soap contains a lot of agents which are not too good for your skin.

I compared the ingredient list between their soaps and creams and the creams have much better ingredients.

I have tried the shave cream and I like it. I just placed an order today and will be trying the soap shortly.

YMMV, as we always say. I tried the sandalwood soap and really liked it. I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay the premium over the DR Harris soap that I normally use but I'm moving on to try some other soaps in the mean time.

I recently face lathered the Christmas soap (thanks zephyr!) and it was pretty good. I liked the scent, which seemed like ginger to me. The shave was good. The lather didn't really SEEM slick and cushiony, but it performed like it was anyway.

I dunno how to explain it better:bored:

I have a few fitjars in my den.
I totally love them all. If you feel like overspending a bit of money, I'd say that this is the way to go.
I have only tried the more "wildlife and nature" scents of hers. So far my vote goes to miklagard or wild thing.

Norwegian fern is allso good, but the piney scent is not for me. I have also tried "telemark". That smelled quite heavlilly of burnt tar. Made me long for hunting season and the smell of a thousand bonfires in my wool sweater.

The shave feel of her soaps and creams are fantastic.
(IMNSHO)

Top Bottom