What's new

Ever Wanted To Do a Blind Buy from one of our great supporting Vendors?

Well Now you can. I have taken the time to put there soaps in a list form. Now all you have to do is set the perimeters to the numbers from the vendor you are wanting to do a blind buy from in a random number generator. If the number generated is one you already owned, have used, or completely despise generate again until you get a product you have never used. I think its a cool way to support our vendors and try products we might not would have tried..

Could you explain how this works a little more clearer, thank you.

Yes for instance the mamma bears soaps there are 128 different soaps. so you go to a random number generator set the limits from 1 to 128, generate a random number. The number you receive lets say its #7 the you would look at the text and # 7 is celestial waters, then if you had never used it or dont despise the way it sounds you would purchase that one. I have a hard time choosing which products to try next because there are so many of them.I figured others may have the same problem. So i decided to take the time to make a list so that next time i want to make a purchase I wouldnt have to sit around for hours trying to decide what to try next. Need more of an explanation let me know?

Interesting that this should come up now. I was just wondering what to buy from Mamma Bear's.
Maybe I'll let chance decide.

I'd suggest no repeating numbers (ie, not starting over at "1" for each vendor) for a truly random pick among all vendors who you place in the list.

I'd suggest no repeating numbers (ie, not starting over at "1" for each vendor) for a truly random pick among all vendors who you place in the list.

Well that is easily changed by anyone all you have to do is set the random number from 1-152 and generate a number. anything above 128 and under or equal to 142 is from saint charles anything above 142 is from queen charlotte. The rest is basic math.....for instance i just kept generating numbers til i got above 128 and it generated 140 well that means its from saint charles and is obviously savory rose.

Last edited:
J

Jeremysilverado

I would never do a blind buy. I am far too picky to risk getting the products that don't sell

I would never do a blind buy. I am far too picky to risk getting the products that don't sell

Well with these products its really not that big of a risk. 1. They lather really well 2. Products are always of amazing quality. 3 if you dont like it you can pif it or you could put it up for sell on the forum. I blind bought spicey lime and it was well worth it. The only thing really that is blind is the scents. If you dont like the way it sounds just keep generating til you get one you do.

Interesting concept. Kinda like having the gods decide your fate. (Steve Jobs, are you out there?)
I'm not much of a gambler, so I tend to read reviews before spending my hard earned cash on... anything. Call it an hedging your bets, if you will; this is far too risky for me!

Interesting concept. Kinda like having the gods decide your fate. (Steve Jobs, are you out there?)
I'm not much of a gambler, so I tend to read reviews before spending my hard earned cash on... anything. Call it an hedging your bets, if you will; this is far too risky for me!
Never read a bad review from any of the vendors in the list........

I think you could use this methodolgy to number the soaps in your den and then use the generator to determine what soap/cream will be used that day.

Hell....you could run the generator and set a rotation schedule for a month!

Cool! :badger:

I think you could use this methodolgy to number the soaps in your den and then use the generator to determine what soap/cream will be used that day.

Hell....you could run the generator and set a rotation schedule for a month!

Cool! :badger:

That is actually an amazing idea!!!

Sounds like this could be an app for your phone or tablet. The possibilities are endless.

If I knew how to turn it into an app that would the generator built into it, I definetly would. Because on my galaxy s I can view the file I created. Maybe I should try and figure out how to.

Top Bottom