What's new

vintage English Leather

My Grandmother gave me a bottle of this that was my Grandfathers years ago. I really loved the smell, and am wanting to pick some up for myself. The only thing is I have heard that the new formulation isnt as good as the original. So does anyone know where to find some of the original formula English Leather? I appreciate any help in finding some.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just picked up a bottle of the AS and Cologne from Walmart yesterday. Any information on the new formula vs. the old interests me as well.

I tried some recently and it seemed less rich smelling than I remember as a teenager. It's either due to reformulation, my memory isn't accurate, or what I thought was rich as a teenager isn't the same as what I think today.

I hope someone who has both the vintage version and the current version will comment.

I never used it when I was younger, but my older brother did. I remember that it used to smell stronger. Maybe people just used a lot more of it then?

I never used it when I was younger, but my older brother did. I remember that it used to smell stronger. Maybe people just used a lot more of it then?

LOL, that's a good point. I do remember splashing enough on until I could fill any room I walked into with the smell of English Leather. I took other peoples' wrinkled noses as a sign that I had applied just the right amount! :laugh:

Yeah the new stuff just isnt the same. That is why I am looking for bottles of the old stuff. Please anyone can you help me find some of the old stuff?

I have a bottle of vintage, about 80% used. It's strong stuff. The only fragrance to date that gives me a headache. I'd be surprised if today's version still smelled like this.

LOL, that's a good point. I do remember splashing enough on until I could fill any room I walked into with the smell of English Leather. I took other peoples' wrinkled noses as a sign that I had applied just the right amount! :laugh:

IMHO most all Old Time Cologne scents have been diluted, seems it's all a matter of the BOTTOM LINE, make it less potent= use more= run out quicker= BUY MORE SOONER :cursing:

Be careful with English Leather on eBay. For some reason, it seems to attract a lot of weird sellers. Check to make sure that the bottles are full or even included when you order a set. I often see someone trying to sell an empty bottle or an empty presentation box. Also make sure that it's an MEM version.

Top Bottom