What's new

What's for dinner? 2011

Savory Frittata NY eve-

full

Spinach pie today-

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much here. Roasted duck with roasted sweet and wax potatoes with root veggies and sauce Chasseur.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Spinach pie today-

full

That looks great Jim. Any chance you would share the recipe or at least the ingredient list?

I'm going to look up sauce Chasseur because those vegetables look delicious.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great Jim. Any chance you would share the recipe or at least the ingredient list?

I'm going to look up sauce Chasseur because those vegetables look delicious.

Sure,
Filo dough
sausage
spinach
ricotta cheese
parmigiana cheese
pepper
Optional, capers,olives, anchovies ect.
This is one of those dishes that you can go wild and add anything that would fit.

Sure,
Filo dough
sausage
spinach
ricotta cheese
parmigiana cheese
pepper
Optional, capers,olives, anchovies ect.
This is one of those dishes that you can go wild and add anything that would fit.

Thanks Jim. Mrs. Sullybob loves all things spinach and filo dough. I'll be sure and give you credit for the inspiration :thumbup1:

This weekend I made beef bourguignon using Julia Child's recipe. Her tips include coating the meat with flour, placing in 450 degree oven for 4 minutes, take it out, shake it to recoat, and place back in for another 4 minutes. Then you take it out, and turn oven down to 325 for cooking. The meat turned out better than I have ever seen doing it this way. I used an inexpensive merlot from Crane Lake cellars (it's the same as two buck Chuck) for the 'bourguignon', which gave quite a bit more substantial body to the flavor than a standard red table wine. I've always been a huge fan of dishes made using a cast iron casserole; one pot dinners, can't beat them.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Roast Beef. It has five cloves of garlic inserted. Rubbed with herbs, seared in a hot fry pan with olive oil . . . pan deglased with some Merlot and added to the roast as well as 1/2 bottle of beer . . . slow roasted and served with oven roast onion and herb roasted potatoes and what were sold as baby carrots.

The knife in the picture is a 240mm gyuto bought in the B&B group buy. This knife is so sharp I could have served three slices of roast to a dozen or so people and still had 1/2 of the roast left over. This would have made a great aunt who ran a boarding house smile. (Thank you Dave Martell)

And yes JP . . . the rest of the bottle of Merlot (home made . . . btw) is almost done.

Tonight I'm making fettuccine in a Parmesan Reggiano/Locatelli/cream sauce with exotic mushrooms from a friend's farm. I'll be scraping some black truffle on top when I serve it (cause I'm a fun guy). Best, Sam

Went out to dinner but thought it was worth mentioning. My 2yr old daughter and I shared a plate of Pad Thai with 4 peppers. My husband can not even tolerate this much heat. :thumbup:

Top Bottom