What's new

Lavender

Over the holidays, we picked up a nice wreath with some dried flowers and other herbs to hang on our front door. It's behind a storm door and gets a lot of full sun during the day, and you can smell the herbs/floral scents just inside the house. I couldn't put my finger on what I was actually smelling until I was sniffing my way through the medicine cabinet and opened the Castle Forbes Lavender cream....then all became clear. The wreath was a ringer for the cream. I knew shaving would have a real world application at some point!

Castle Forbes Lavender is my second favourite cream next to Acca Kappa 1869. The scent is so natural. I'm predominantly a soap user, but haven't found a single one to match the CF scent. As such a dense cream, I still treat it like a soap though. Wonderful!:thumbup:

David

It is awesome though I prefer to use it more during spring/summer. I really need to try CF lavender this year.

Since we are all sharing our love of the lavender, il post my favs...

TOBS lavender SS
QCS lavender
Homemade lavender pre shave oil.

Yup. :blush:

Flipping through the software box today, I counted a bunch of lavenders and variants: AoS soap, CF cream, Oxford & Cambridge soap, to name a few.

Bob, I'm a lavender lover as well. Here's a recommendation that I don't think you would be disappointed with to add to your box. It was my aftershave revelation for 2010.

Caldey Island Lavender
:thumbup:

Bob, I'm a lavender lover as well. Here's a recommendation that I don't think you would be disappointed with to add to your box. It was my aftershave revelation for 2010.

Caldey Island Lavender
:thumbup:

Thanks for the suggestion, and I purchased a bottle along with a bottle of their Fern AS as my last buys of the year.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I purchased a bottle along with a bottle of their Fern AS as my last buys of the year.

There you go Bob! :thumbup:

Please let me know your thoughts on the Caldey Fern AS. I might have to get that myself when it's time for a reorder. :thumbup1:

For some reason my wife bought me a jar of Caswell Massey almond shave cream which isn't too bad. I do see what the folks mean about disappearing lather.

Anyway, we went Nordstrom's today and picked up AOS lavender shaving cream. She really enjoys lavender but thought I'd think it was effeminate. BTW it seems like lavender was by far the best selling AOS cream at Nordstrom's.

I have enjoyed getting back into wet shaving after a twenty year hiatus. I picked up a tweezerman shaving brush and would like to move into something better.

I have a tub of AOS Lavender + a puck of Prairie Creations lavender EO soap. Both smell great!

A cup of great coffee and brushing something that smells good on my face is a pretty good way to start the day. :thumbup1:

For some reason my wife bought me a jar of Caswell Massey almond shave cream which isn't too bad. I do see what the folks mean about disappearing lather.

Anyway, we went Nordstrom's today and picked up AOS lavender shaving cream. She really enjoys lavender but thought I'd think it was effeminate. BTW it seems like lavender was by far the best selling AOS cream at Nordstrom's.

I have enjoyed getting back into wet shaving after a twenty year hiatus. I picked up a tweezerman shaving brush and would like to move into something better.

Welcome to the boards, Jerseycitysteve! I live in Chesapeake and work in Norfolk, so we're neighbors. I'd be happy to talk with you about brushes, creams, soaps, etc. If you need some help deciding about a better brush than the Tweezerman, let me know. I, too, started with that brush, but upgraded within about a month.

I am really enjoying Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender shaving cream. It has such a nice clean scent. How do the other Lavender shaving creams rate against it?

Top Bottom