What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

I just got my brush back after sending it in for a reknot and couldn't be happier! Aside from the swift and professional service, the brush comes back packed in a well padded container and in a box with the brush wrapped in tissue paper and bubble wrap. It was a professional and friendly transaction all around.

I've given it a few washes tonight and will take it for a test run tomorrow and include some pictures in my next update. I just wanted to take time and pass on my thanks for a job well done, Rudy! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Here is my second Kent BK4 "surgery". Bradley sent me the Kent brush and I performed the same operation I did before on another Kent BK4: removal of the knot and then installing it at a decent ( say "usable") loft so the brush can be used for face lathering. The loft of the "new" Kent/RV BK4 is 48 mm.
The new handle is made from a piece of exceptional gorgeous piece of natural gold colored stabilized Boxelder Burl in the Tulip shape.

Look what I started :lol:

I will say my RV BK4 at 45mm is now a face lathering beast. I have the Tulip handle as well.

Rudy does great work!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Mr. Vey, what is your favorite high-end brand brush?:blushing:

I would say a RV Shaving with a Shavemac D01 Two-band knot in the extreme flat-top shape:lol:
But, I have Rooney's, Simpson's, Saville Row as well as New Forest brushes, I like them all a lot.

I would say a RV Shaving with a Shavemac D01 Two-band knot in the extreme flat-top shape:lol:
But, I have Rooney's, Simpson's, Saville Row as well as New Forest brushes, I like them all a lot.

This really is the best knot available on the market IMHO.

Look what I started :lol:

Joe: My best ideas are usually not mine.:thumbup1: It was a shame to only reach for that brush once or twice a year. Kent makes a great knot, but too much flop at a ~55mm loft from the factory.

Rudy: Have you ever done surgery on a Rooney? I have a 2/1 Super that might need your touch. Anyway, I am looking forward to my Kent/RV. Bradley

Last edited:
:w00t:

woods not even finished yet!

proxy.php

The best looking brush handle I've seen is one you made for a customer in Japan that was white on top and black on bottom. The guy put it up for sale and then withdrew it. I can't justify another brush buy but one of these days I'd love for you to fix one up for me like that. I just love the stark black-white contrast.

A three-band D01 extreme flat top will be the next brush I order, but hopefully I can stave off the bug for awhile.

Looks great Jose. Let us know how it performs.

My kent/RV arrived today. All I can say is WOW!:thumbup: Fantastic job, easy transaction, a pleasure. Thanks Rudy, Bradley

Top Bottom