What's new

My Guess... 3017

This is a great thread. I'm impressed by some of you guys and your willpower to fight the calling of a cabinet full of lonely pucks.

I plan on paying tribute to Spiecktember tomorrow morning and maybe the next shave, but I definitely know I don't have it in me to stick with it for a whole month.

It definitely takes dedication to stick with it if you have several, several items calling to you for use. I'll give it a shot as well and start on my tub of Cella. Just gave it my first go so it begins! Go big or go home as they say. :lol::thumbup1:

Bob - can you post a picture of the empty Arlington bowl? :001_smile

I need some inspiration. I've been working on a bowl of Arlington for a while - all of June and all of August and it looks like it has barely been touched.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"

I need some inspiration. I've been working on a bowl of Arlington for a while - all of June and all of August and it looks like it has barely been touched.

I will do it tomorrow.

Since I adopted the use it 'til it's gone approach, I have gotten quite comfortable using only one soap at a time. Today, being the first of Speicktember, I put the AoS Lavender to the side and lathered up with the Speick stick. It felt....wrong. Not the lather, that was great and the shave was great. Rather, I felt like I was betraying the AoS. I made a commitment to it, and then dropped it for the flavor of the month. Speicktember or not, I am going back to the AoS until it's done.

I don't have your dedication.

I was going to stick with my PdP until the Cade Eagle challenge. On a whim I decided that I would try my new Speic shaving stick, one time. I don't think that I'm going to go back to the PdP anytime soon :blushing:.

I don't have your dedication.

I was going to stick with my PdP until the Cade Eagle challenge. On a whim I decided that I would try my new Speic shaving stick, one time. I don't think that I'm going to go back to the PdP anytime soon :blushing:.

I don't know if it's dedication so much as guilt. I'm good at that. :001_smile

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This is a great thread. I'm impressed by some of you guys and your willpower to fight the calling of a cabinet full of lonely pucks.

You give us too much credit. We're the hunted ones. :biggrin:

full

Last edited by a moderator:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"

OK. Inspirational pics from yours truly.

full

full

full

Now, get to work. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's dedication so much as guilt. I'm good at that. :001_smile

If I was going back to a nice puck of AOS it wouldn't be so hard. After using PdP for about a week I have come the conclusion that it isn't as great of a soap as I thought it was. I may just put it along with some other stuff up on the BST and continue using stuff that I really like.

If I was going back to a nice puck of AOS it wouldn't be so hard. After using PdP for about a week I have come the conclusion that it isn't as great of a soap as I thought it was. I may just put it along with some other stuff up on the BST and continue using stuff that I really like.

That's the other great thing about doing this. You really give a product a chance to succeed, and understand the nuances of making it work. If you don't like it, sell it and move on. If one of these soaps just really stinks, I'm not going to be a martyr.

That's the other great thing about doing this. You really give a product a chance to succeed, and understand the nuances of making it work. If you don't like it, sell it and move on. If one of these soaps just really stinks, I'm not going to be a martyr.

I think that you made a great point. I have enough soaps that I really enjoy, that their is no need to be stuck with a bomb.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
On this point, interstingly enough, I started this project with the C&E Sandalwood which was average. Then I went to the PdP, which was certainly better than the C&E. After that, it was the DR Harris Arlington.

Each soap better than next. I agree that it would have difficult to go from say, the Arlington to the C&E.

Good point fellas.

I broke through the bottom of the AoS Lavender today. One more shave with it before kicking off the Brush Chronicles next week, and then back to the grind. I expect to finish the puck by October 20.

On this point, interstingly enough, I started this project with the C&E Sandalwood which was average. Then I went to the PdP, which was certainly better than the C&E. After that, it was the DR Harris Arlington.

Each soap better than next. I agree that it would have difficult to go from say, the Arlington to the C&E.

Good point fellas.

Life is too short to use crappy shave soap. Especially for us old guys.:lol:

We are into the home stretch now with AoS Lavender, and the Rooney Finest is doing some serious damage. It may not last the week.

And it didn't. The Rooney 1/1 Finest absolutely killed the end of this puck this week. AoS makes a fabulous soap. As fun as it is to hop from soap to soap, using AoS soap every day is a joy and not a chore. I am going to take the next 2 weeks to be promiscuous with my creams and soaps, but tomorrow, I will be trying a vintage bar of Hershey's Cocoa Butter soap from circa 1945 (Thanks, Evbo!). The Cade challenge starts in November....details to follow.

Also, I see that Bob must have bought some more soaps, since 1000 years just got added to the target finishing date.

A 14 page thread dedicated to the chronicling of guys finishing soaps? :w00t: Are you kidding? No wonder our wives think we're nuts! I mean, seriously, who would sit down and give 35-45 minutes of their life to read through this thread from start to finish?

Anyone? Anyone?:blush:

<I raise my hand sheepishly>

Well, yeah, but who would actually enjoy it?:blush:

<I raise my hand sheepishly again>

They can call us what they want, but this thread was top notch!:thumbup:

I'm inspired to go mono--though I'm not sure I can do it this new to the DE shvaing thing (50 days or so). Also, I want a Simpson 56 now. :thumbup1:

A 14 page thread dedicated to the chronicling of guys finishing soaps? :w00t: Are you kidding? No wonder our wives think we're nuts! I mean, seriously, who would sit down and give 35-45 minutes of their life to read through this thread from start to finish?

Anyone? Anyone?:blush:

<I raise my hand sheepishly>

Well, yeah, but who would actually enjoy it?:blush:

<I raise my hand sheepishly again>

They can call us what they want, but this thread was top notch!:thumbup:

I'm inspired to go mono--though I'm not sure I can do it this new to the DE shvaing thing (50 days or so). Also, I want a Simpson 56 now. :thumbup1:

This is one of my favorite threads. I prefer it over TV.

Top Bottom