What's new

Best Pie

NYC pizza by far, being from the Bronx I can not say anything else is better!

I have had Chicago Pizza and it's not pizza its a big deep casarole type of things with pizza stuff in it. lol:thumbup:

Originally Posted by BobS
Around here, I am pretty darn pleased with my own efforts on my BGE. I have been using Caputo 00 flour for the crust and making it the day ahead.

I've never seen anything like your charcoal pizza grill/oven. You are obviously very serious about your pizzas.:thumbup:

Originally Posted by BobS
Around here, I am pretty darn pleased with my own efforts on my BGE. I have been using Caputo 00 flour for the crust and making it the day ahead.

I've never seen anything like your charcoal pizza grill/oven. You are obviously very serious about your pizzas.:thumbup:

Then you need to head fovea to the Big Green Egg, Primo or any other Kamado
forum....... you will see some fantastic pizzas.

Michael

Austin,
I seem to remember that Mangia's in Austin had a pretty good deep dish. When I was student I was also partial to Niki's in the Dobie mall. That guy would stand in the middle of the courtyard yelling at people telling them not to go to McDonalds or Burger King but instead to come in and ge a slice. Good advice if you asked me.

The only pie us aussies eat;

proxy.php

Goes nicely with a ice cold Carlton Draught

Austin,
I seem to remember that Mangia's in Austin had a pretty good deep dish. When I was student I was also partial to Niki's in the Dobie mall. That guy would stand in the middle of the courtyard yelling at people telling them not to go to McDonalds or Burger King but instead to come in and ge a slice. Good advice if you asked me.

Mangias is still here and good fare. I'm sure you remember Conans also.

I suck at making pizza dough...need guidance. I think my yeast might be bad, as there was basically ZERO rise, and it was a very dense finished product. It was hard to stretch out, too...very elastic. I'm a very good baker, but I can't seem to get pizza dough down pat.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

I suck at making pizza dough...need guidance. I think my yeast might be bad, as there was basically ZERO rise, and it was a very dense finished product. It was hard to stretch out, too...very elastic. I'm a very good baker, but I can't seem to get pizza dough down pat.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

If the dough is difficult to stretch out, let it sit a few minutes after you squish it down after you final rise. That usually helps.

If you think the yeast may be bad, get some more. Good yeast is very important for pizza.

EDIT: By the way, how many times are you gentlemen letting your dough rise? I usually let it rise twice, once overnight in the refrigerator and then once more on the counter for four hours.

I would like to try a real pizza PIE. Something like this.
deep-dish-sausage-mushroom.jpg

Local place called Fini's makes pretty good pizza. They're homemade cheesecake is good, but really expensive.

Top Bottom