What's new

Late Intro from OZ

Hey all,
After joining this community a bit over a year ago, I figured I had better introduce myself properly.
I am yet to dive into DE shaving, however have dabbled with a straight a few times, with fairly red results. Granted, it wasn't the best type (one with the disposable blade) but I wasn't keen to spend a lot only to find it wasn't my thing. I moved away from this for a while, (and the forum) but have recently started looking at DE as a way of getting back into the way shaving should be. Sick and tired of paying a gazillion $'s for cartridges that only last a few shaves, and lets face it, don't give the best shave either. Might also keep my face in one piece too :)
So, if anyone has any advice for products suitable for a tropical environment that are available in the GSL that would be appreciated.

Cheers,

H.

G'day and welcome to B&B, Hubert. You wont regret taking the plunge. I dont know how tropical you are, but we have summer coming on now anyway. I reckon you cant go too far wrong with Proraso pre shave cream and Proraso soap or cream. Lots of menthol and eucalyptus and top quality.

Do you have a DE razor yet?

Also its best if you get a blade sampler pack, which you can get from the online aussie dealers.

Welcome from one Aussie to another. Make sure you check out the GSL section of the forum.

As per recommendations, check out the link Luc posted :thumbup1:

G'day and welcome to B&B, Hubert. You wont regret taking the plunge. I dont know how tropical you are, but we have summer coming on now anyway. I reckon you cant go too far wrong with Proraso pre shave cream and Proraso soap or cream. Lots of menthol and eucalyptus and top quality.

Do you have a DE razor yet?

Also its best if you get a blade sampler pack, which you can get from the online aussie dealers.

Hey,
I'm in North QLD, so the summers are very humid, you even sweat going to the toilet :) Even now the hot water doesn't get much of a look in.

No razors yet, will have a look at the link Luc posted.

Thanks,

H.

Welcome to the forums! I completely understand your decision to leave over-priced cartridge razors behind. I came to the same conclusions lately and also switched to DE shaving with great results. I started with a Merkur 34c HD razor, it is a razor any beginner can use while learning, and still be liked by experts.

Welcome to B&B!! Glad you decided to join us! Feel free to ask any questions you have. We have a very helpful and friendly group here.

A hearty welcome to B&B from another recent convert in Australia. Once I found this site I haven't looked back. :thumbup1:

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Top Bottom