What's new

Keeping The Swagger In Check

Good Evening B&B,

I just purchased a new bottle of Old Spice Cologne . Its the P&G juice in the plastic bottle complete with little red stopper. I love the scent of Old Spice & just had to have it to round it out with the Aftershave & Classic scent bodywash.

However, I am not use to applying colognes without a sprayer. So I was wondering how do you apply your Old Spice cologne? Do you dab a little on your finger? or pour some out & slap it on?

But then I was wondering what the sillage is like off Old Spice? Is it moderate, strong or weak?

I dont want to leave eyes watering in my wake from over application.

Thanks in advance

I put it on my finger and rub it on. The OS splash bottles don't have stopper/reducers like TOBS, Trumper's, and Harris, so pouring it in your hand is tricky business.

Sillage is moderate for about 20 minutes, then calms down. The florals are strong at the start.

I love Old Spice Original Cologne... unfortunately my wife does not... my advice is to give the bottle a shake and dab the bottom of the cap on pulse points or to place a finger over the top, shake, and dab on with the fingertip... you can repeat until you reach the desired strength... Old Spice has some strength and staying power, so it shouldn't take much.

You can put your finger over the top and adjust it ever so slightly to leave a small gap. When you try and pour it over you should be able to get a moderate amount, several controlled drops, to the other hand. Spread on both hands and apply to face :thumbup:

Personally, I'd take a decanter-like bottle over an atomizer topped bottle anyway.

I pour a little,(depending on the potency and your personal preference), of the cologne out into the palm of my hand, then rub it vigorously into the skin on the back of my neck, ears and shoulders.

Although they say that rubbing instead of dabbing can destroy the chemical make-up of the stuff, I do it anyway.:blushing:

Personally, I'd take a decanter-like bottle over an atomizer topped bottle anyway.

I pour a little,(depending on the potency and your personal preference), of the cologne out into the palm of my hand, then rub it vigorously into the skin on the back of my neck, ears and shoulders.

Although they say that rubbing instead of dabbing can destroy the chemical make-up of the stuff, I do it anyway.:blushing:

I puddled a little into my hand but I thought it was a an equivalent amount poured to use the aftershave.

Since the cologne is suppose to be more potent, I thought
I might have to reconsider the quantity. A little dab just seems to little.

But thanks for the great suggestions I will play with them all before <insert cheesy Old Spice nautical analogy here> I set sail into the public :w00t:

I hear ya,

I guess some would argue this was somehow managed to be accomplished long ago by P&G when they purchased it from Shutlon so it might not matter anyways.

I still like the scent of Old Spice in whatever form it is these days :drool:

Proper application of Old Spice:

• Put a slightly smug smile on your face.
  • Shake the bottle, and let it remind you of the three martini lunch later in the day.
  • Remove stopper, and consider if what they say about the star on it is true. Smug smile gets bigger.
  • Pour modest amount into off hand palm. Set bottle down. In your mind, you start hearing "the whistle".
  • Rub palms vigorously together with relish. Take a quick glance at that sly dog in the mirror and wonder what you did to have it this good.
  • Slap on neck and chest. Inhale deeply and enjoy the scent.
  • Replace stopper. Stop and consider that smelling like Old Spice beats all hell out of smelling the way you did in that damn foxhole in Belgium.

I'm pretty sure that's the way my old man did it.

• Shake the bottle, and let it remind you of the three martini lunch later in the day.
  • Remove stopper, and consider if what they say about the star on it is true. Smug smile gets bigger.
  • Pour modest amount into off hand palm. Set bottle down. In your mind, you start hearing "the whistle".
  • Rub palms vigorously together with relish. Take a quick glance at that sly dog in the mirror and wonder what you did to have it this good.
  • Replace stopper. Stop and consider that smelling like Old Spice beats all hell out of smelling the way you did in that damn foxhole in Belgium.

That's just damn funny right there.

Steve

I normally use the finger dab on the pulse points method, but this may have convinced me! :lol::lol::lol:

Getting sprayed down with Old Spice using a garden hose does sound refreshing! I wonder how many gallons it would take to make such a shower. And I DO like it THAT much!!

I bought an atomizer and filled it up with Old Spice. I wouldn't have it any other way. 3 good sprays per arm and it lasts a long time on me.

Top Bottom