What's new

Weight of Slim and Fat boy

Just out of curiosity I checked how much the Gillette Slim resp. Fat Boy weigh, using an accurate electronic scales (weights are for razors without blades in them):

Slim: 72.0 g
Fat Boy: 79.9 g

There may be some slight inaccuracy, due to the scales, but probably not more than +/- 1 g or so. Perhaps Gillette designed them to weigh exactly 72 g resp. 80 g. Anyway, next time someone askes (as I did here not long ago) whether the Fat boy is heavier than the Slim, you may say: "Yes, but you probably won't feel the difference in your hand".

Incidentally a blade (can't remember if it was Merkur or Feather) weighs 0.5 g.

Alex

When people say it is about weight I guess what they mean is weight and balance. The fatboy is a shorter razor, has a heavier head, and "FEELS" very different than the slim.

When people say it is about weight I guess what they mean is weight and balance. The fatboy is a shorter razor, has a heavier head, and "FEELS" very different than the slim.

I would say that the Slim has more weight in its head, compared to the handle. The Fat Boy seems to have a more uniform weight throughout the whole piece. You're right that the feel is different in the two razors.

Alex

Top Bottom