What's new

SWMBO is gonna kill me!

I've only had 3 shaves and I have already developed a very advanced stage of both BAD and RAD. Starting to wonder if I should get myself banned from here. Alternatively, anyone know of BAD/Rad Rehab?

I've only had 3 shaves and I have already developed a very advanced stage of both BAD and RAD. Starting to wonder if I should get myself banned from here. Alternatively, anyone know of BAD/Rad Rehab?

Resistance is futile. There is no cure. We will find you.

On the bright side, there will be plenty of women around who wants to feel your smooth face :thumbup:

You're out of luck my friend. This is Badger and Blade, not Badger and Blade Anonymous. We're all inmates in the asylum not caretakers. Welcome to AD central.
To quote Michael Corleone, "I tried to get out but they kept pulling me back in".

I think you should enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. :thumbup:

On the other hand if SWMBO doe's indeed decide to kill you then you can be assured there are lots of sharp things laying around to assist her. :biggrin1:

My exwife liked my shaving hobby. My new girlfriend likes the way my face feels and smells but thinks it's a nerdy hobby. She does however like to go wine tasting and many of the antique shops I like to go to are on the way to some great vinyards and wine shops. Just try to find a way to make it fun for both of you.

Here's what I did at the outset of AD and RAD when my wife started to complain. I took her by the hand and brought her to her closet. I counted the number of shoes, hand bags, and assorted goodies. Next we went to her make up area. There we counted the number of perfumes, "beautifiers" and assorted materials. When then went to my area and counted these. Somehow my collection of razors, soaps, creams, etc. paled in comparison to her stockpile.

I also took her out to dinner that night, had a nice bottle of wine, complimented her on the way she looked - and everything has gone fine since. :001_wub:

Maybe I should have been a diplomat instead of a lawyer!

Last edited:
Here's what I did at the outset of AD and RAD when my wife started to complaint. I took her by the hand and brought her to her closet. I counted the number of shoes, hand bags, and assorted goodies. Next we went to her make up area. There we counted the number of perfumes, "beautifiers" and assorted materials. When then went to my area and counted these. Somehow my collection of razors, soaps, creams, etc. paled in comparison to her stockpile.

I also took her out to dinner that night, had a nice bottle of wine, complimented her on the way she looked - and everything has gone fine since. :001_wub:

Awesome...I must try this :thumbup:

it will subside in a bit and then resurge. it comes in waves...

Here's what I did at the outset of AD and RAD when my wife started to complain. I took her by the hand and brought her to her closet. I counted the number of shoes, hand bags, and assorted goodies. Next we went to her make up area. There we counted the number of perfumes, "beautifiers" and assorted materials. When then went to my area and counted these. Somehow my collection of razors, soaps, creams, etc. paled in comparison to her stockpile.

Risky that approach, she may have just said but I need these you don't need all those you only have one face! :biggrin1:

Here are a few tips to thwart SWMBO looking over your shoulder

1. Divide it all to multiple hiding places.
2. Change out what you put in the main bathroom in the middle of the night when she's asleep.
3. Never show her what you buy, when questioned, say "Oh that's always been there" or "That's not new, it's the same tube/razor/brush you saw before".
4. When she asks how much you are spending, keep telling her you are saving money. Then go online and show her the cost of blades vs. the cost of cartridges. It'll work for a while.
5. Lastly, whatever you do, you MUST keep her away from B&B. We do nothing but enable AD's....and we're darn proud of it. If she becomes interested in the place you are spending all your time, have some lightweight threads you subscribe to. Show her only those.

have fun. It's worth every minute you spend here. :biggrin1:

2. Change out what you put in the main bathroom in the middle of the night when she's asleep.
3. Never show her what you buy, when questioned, say "Oh that's always been there" or "That's not new, it's the same tube/razor/brush you saw before".
4. When she asks how much you are spending, keep telling her you are saving money. Then go online and show her the cost of blades vs. the cost of cartridges. It'll work for a while.
5. Lastly, whatever you do, you MUST keep her away from B&B. We do nothing but enable AD's....and we're darn proud of it. If she becomes interested in the place you are spending all your time, have some lightweight threads you subscribe to. Show her only those.

Good advice - except for number 3. My wife has an uncanny ability to remember EVERYTHING I purchase. The rule I made for my SWMBO is to always tell the truth. :biggrin1:

I have learned through experience that there is nothing worse than SWMBO discovering you are less than truthful!!! :scared:

Good advice - except for number 3. My wife has an uncanny ability to remember EVERYTHING I purchase. The rule I made for my SWMBO is to always tell the truth. :biggrin1:

I have learned through experience that there is nothing worse than SWMBO discovering you are less than truthful!!! :scared:

yeah, being a little less than truthful is a dicey proposition.
It just depends on your SWMBO on what you can get away with.

It's all fun anyway, no one should take me seriously. I don't. SWMBO doesn't.

Haha. Great list! Generally I hide stuff for a bit, or at least I don't say 'hey, look at this stuff I got.' Later I confess, and within a few days she confesses aboutnher new dress or shoes! It all balances out.

+1 on converting the little lady. It helps a lot. My wife currently uses a Lady Gillette and is about to give straights a shot.

Top Bottom