Razor: 15/16 Geo Wostenholm & Sons, Celebrated I-XL Razor
Rockingham Works, Sheffield, England, Hollow Point Ca 1836
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso
Soap/Mug: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Scuttle: RAB Ceramic
Brush: Medium Badger
ASB: Nivea Replenishing
Aftershave/Cologne: British Sterling Cologne for Men

Great shave this morning with the Wostie Chopper and MWF. This was a special shave in many ways. I re-discovered a sometimes forgotten fact; razors are sharp! I was all lathered up and picked up the razor noticing I hadn't wiped the oil off the blade. (you can see this coming can't you?) I get some tissue and wipe the blade and ...slip..nasty feeling..I notice that the top of my index finger is pouring blood all over the counter. After cold water rinses and two bandages I finally get the bleeding stopped enough to not leak through the bandages so I can complete my shave. Two things we should never forget: (1) Drink all of your cup of coffee before shaving. (2) When you are in a small room with a sharp instrument, be aware of where it's at at all times! I hope you all had a little less exciting shave that mine this morning Gentlemen, enjoy! :biggrin1:

:w00t: Note to self, coffee first, always coffee first. I'm glad to hear you got the bleeding under control and were able to salvage the shave. :001_cool:

Great looking chopper by the way :thumbup1:

Friday Morning:

TI Le Grelot
B&B LE 09
D.R. Harris Marlborough Stick
Floid Italian
Menu Facial Lift Moisturizer

Very nice shave this morning, all the usual suspects, just didn't let myself rush anything. :001_cool:

Simpson | Livi | Creed | Alt-Innsbruk | SMN Pre/Post | Amouage Tribute Attar

proxy.php

That looks a like a new bottle of Alt-Innsbruck. Did you re-load?

I haven't posted a SOTD in a while...

Trumper's Violet SS
Omega boar
Edwin Jagger DE89 w/Iridium
Aqua Velva blend

Pinaud Clubman Greaseless Hair Tonic

Yes they are. The blade had a couple tiny flaws which was odd for the price but it still shaves like a champ.

Two of my three Livi's are flawed - the spine work isn't simply carelessly done, it appears to have been done by someone who just doesn't care what it looks like. My third Livi is flawless. I asked for no spine work.

Two of my three Livi's are flawed - the spine work isn't simply carelessly done, it appears to have been done by someone who just doesn't care what it looks like. My third Livi is flawless. I asked for no spine work.

I don't have spine work done but the engraving has a sharp point and the tail isn't flat at the spine. Not by much but you can feel it when you run your finger over it.

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Rose SC,
Simpsons Special,
Merkur 38c / IP (3),
Alum Block,
GFT Coral SF,
GFT Ajaccio Violets.

A very nice shave!

Friday:

Rooney 1/2 Finest
MWF
Union Cutlery
Pinaud Bay Rum
Thayer's Superhazel

Bruce, you weren't the only bleeder today. I nailed my lip today and it gushed bigtime. It made for some slick lather though! :lol:

Friday

5/8 Air Brand
MWF soap
Vulfix No.5 pure bristle
Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Floid Blue AS

Friday

1965 Slim [set of 5 for first pass, 3 for subsequent passes]
Kai (4)
Provence Sante Green Tea soap
Semogue 2009 LE boar brush
SCS Extract of Limes Aftershave Milk
Balmain Monsier EDC

Good shave today. Took a lot of touch-up to get the thick, gnarly spots under and on my chin (as usual). For me, these tough areas are the places where a two-bladed cartridge razor outshines the DE.

Otherwise, I love the nice, gentle feel of the Slim on my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom