What's new

Bubble tea

Hey everyone, I know not too many people know about bubble tea but if you do feel free to join and discuss the awesomeness that is bubble tea!

proxy.php

Last edited:
My girlfriend absolutely loves the stuff! I believe they originated in one or several Asian countries? I know in Aus we have Happy Cup (Chinese I think), Easyway and another that originated in Vietnam.

They are generally not my style of drink, but on a hot summers day I do enjoy downing a fruit version and munching on those tapioca pearls!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
My girlfriend absolutely loves the stuff! I believe they originated in one or several Asian countries? I know in Aus we have Happy Cup (Chinese I think), Easyway and another that originated in Vietnam.

They are generally not my style of drink, but on a hot summers day I do enjoy downing a fruit version and munching on those tapioca pearls!

Who wants to play "find the custom title"?

I call it Boba Milktea =P

Whats really fun is to shoot those balls like spitballs from the straw. Those things have quite a distance!

I call it Boba Milktea =P

Whats really fun is to shoot those balls like spitballs from the straw. Those things have quite a distance!

I think Lux is regretting posting this thread already, because you've now given me the idea to shoot tapioca balls at her. :thumbup:

Me and my boyfriend love it too, it's so tasty and actually bubble tea originated in Taiwan in the 1980's. Generally, it's so elusive to find a shop that sells it where Im from except for this Vietnamese restaurant we go to here.

Oddly enough, making it at home makes my stomach turn. It tastes good until I wake up at 3 in the morning with pain..

The store stuff does me good though, Thai milk tea, extra boba mmm

Oddly enough, making it at home makes my stomach turn. It tastes good until I wake up at 3 in the morning with pain..

The store stuff does me good though, Thai milk tea, extra boba mmm

I think if I ever attempted to make it at home, it would result in an utter failure lol.

I actually bought a half pound and tried to make it at home......It isn't very easy at all and I ruined the whole bag.......The balls must be boiled and then soaked in a sugar solution for a day or something like that....or maybe its the other way around. You soak them first then boil.......That doesnt sound right.....I can't recall, all I know is that it ended in me dumping them all in the trash.......I was quite annoyed.....A tea shop near me sold it. The name of the place is "Teavana". I recently went back to buy some of them again and try my luck for the last time and they actually do not sell the pearls anymore nor do they make bubble tea anymore either....I was quite upset. You can buy them online quite cheaply though if you would like to give it a shot.....I think I was just a little impatient when I was trying to prepare them....

I actually bought a half pound and tried to make it at home......It isn't very easy at all and I ruined the whole bag.......The balls must be boiled and then soaked in a sugar solution for a day or something like that....or maybe its the other way around. You soak them first then boil.......That doesnt sound right.....I can't recall, all I know is that it ended in me dumping them all in the trash.......I was quite annoyed.....A tea shop near me sold it. The name of the place is "Teavana". I recently went back to buy some of them again and try my luck for the last time and they actually do not sell the pearls anymore nor do they make bubble tea anymore either....I was quite upset. You can buy them online quite cheaply though if you would like to give it a shot.....I think I was just a little impatient when I was trying to prepare them....

Yeah I saw that but honestly Im too chicken to even try something remotely a project just like that because it's so time consuming and I'd be a failure at it. So whenever I can, I just like to buy it if I go out or something.

One story has it that it was invented here in Taichung, Taiwan at a place called Chun Shui Tang. Whatever the story, bubble tea is not as bad as one might think. I actually like it. The only problem is a lot of it here is made with powdered milk.

EDIT: I usually call it pearl milk tea.

Last edited:
I enjoy it too from time to time too. Although I have had some bad experience with tapioca pearls that were hard/stale tasting. One has to find a good vendor!

Top Bottom