What's new

How much aftershave per shave do you use?

Hey all,
I've recently started using alcohol aftershaves because with my skin, anything moisturizing might as well be gloss varnish!
I'm noticing the levels in the bottles going down quite quickly though and was wondering if that was normal. I'm using perhaps a teaspoon to a teaspoon and a half (Roughly) each shave, which does get my skin pretty wet briefly.
Am I just using too much?

How much do you guys use?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
A few drops, enough to cover my hands and spread it on my face.

It depends on the aftershave. With Aqua Velva Musk, it's only a few drops. With a splash, I put a nickel sized amount in my palm and rub it into a moist to wet face.

Definitely not a teaspoon. I tend to use Speick more heavily than other AS's, and I probably only use about a 1/2 teaspoon of that.

I use quite a bit,,,,,, at least a quarter size in my palm. I also use excess on my neck and shoulders,,,, menthol feels great during the summer. I've also got 400 ml bottles of Floid and Proraso to go through :001_smile

I cup the palm of my hand, and pour some of my AS into the cup...best way to describe it without measuring...I usually fill the cup up 3/4 or so...

It depends. With a shaker top (like the D R Harris ones) I give it five shakes. Balms get a few 'taps'—about the same, five or six drops.

A bottle of MANDOM lasts two or three shaves.

Definitely not a teaspoon. I tend to use Speick more heavily than other AS's, and I probably only use about a 1/2 teaspoon of that.

I definitely WANT to use more Speick.....it's so good! The bottle gives very discrete, Teutonic-ly accurate drops....I probably use 3/4 of a teaspoon.

Good thing. I put the AS Cologne in an atomizer. 3 pushes for each shave (left, right, neck).

I have one AS with an atomizer top--for some reason, Caldey Island comes like that. I hate it. For me, the joy of shaking it out and splashing it on is part of the aftershave experience. But, as in all things, YMMV.

Top Bottom