What's new

Rinse your brush?

Should you rinse your brush after each pass and add new soap to begin the entire process of making the lather from the beginning? Or, if you still have lather on your brush from your first pass should you just apply the left over to your face? Also, on the second and third pass should you reapply pre-shave oil again? Thanks

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I keep lather in my brush for the entire shave. While I'm shaving, I put the brush into my scuttle which keeps the lather hot for the next application.

Between passes and re-lathering, I apply hot water to my face. It helps keep it moist, then I apply more lather. I don't reapply shaving oil, but you probably could if you wanted to. I don't see how it could hurt.

When I make lather, I always load the brush enough so I'll have enough for four passes. I usually make three passes, but it doesn't hurt to have extra.

Should you rinse your brush after each pass and add new soap to begin the entire process of making the lather from the beginning? Or, if you still have lather on your brush from your first pass should you just apply the left over to your face? Also, on the second and third pass should you reapply pre-shave oil again? Thanks

Cheers

Can't help with the pre-shave oil, but you should have enough lather in your brush to be able to do your full 3-4 pass shave.

So no rinsing of your brush, though I'll reapply hot water to my face between passes.

If you haven't enough lather you might have to spend more time on the soap before starting to lather.

Hope this helps.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
When I used shaving oil, I applied it as pre-shave and then applied the lather but didn't reuse it afterwards.

I keep the lather in my brush, I do not clean it until I'm done shaving. I usually have enough for 4 passes (3 passes that I shave and I apply whatever is left in the brush on my face before I cold rinse).

Thank you guys. For some reason I'm not producing enough lather to make it to third pass. By the way, what is a scuttle and how do you use it? Sorry for all the noob questions. Thanks again!

Cheers

Thank you guys. For some reason I'm not producing enough lather to make it to third pass. By the way, what is a scuttle and how do you use it? Sorry for all the noob questions. Thanks again!

Cheers

This isn't uncommon. You will get more and more lather as your technique improves. Hang in there! :thumbup1:

Cheers

As I say, longer on the puck might help :biggrin1:

For the scuttle see my post here

Hope that helps. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom