What's new

captain adama uses Merkur?

Yesterday I was watching an episode of Battlestar Galactica and I saw Adama shaving with a double edge.I imediately recognized the Merkur Vision, and to be honest either the Vision or the Futur fit in that vintage futuristic style surounding of the series. (they also use phones with wire).
In that particular scene he was giving himself a nasty cut with it, I´m guessing he used the Merkur blade that came with it.

proxy.php

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Yesterday I was watching an episode of Battlestar Galactica and I saw Adama shaving with a double edge.I imediately recognized the Merkur Vision, and to be honest either the Vision or the Futur fit in that vintage futuristic style surounding of the series. (they also use phones with wire).
In that particular scene he was giving himself a nasty cut with it, I´m guessing he used the Merkur blade that came with it.

proxy.php

I'm gonna go with "That's one more reason in the long list of why I don't want one" - Product Placement in Battlestar Galactica.

:lol: :lol:

It's the future, and by this time, mankind has learned that cart razors decrease male hormone levels!

:lol:

Actually in the very last episode, it was stated that the story took place 150,000 years ago. I know D/E razors are an older technology, but I did'nt realize it was THAT old.

It's the future, and by this time, mankind has learned that cart razors decrease male hormone levels!

:lol:
Actually, this version supposed to be in the distant past. However, it is obvious they are technologically advanced and realize that cartridge systems are inherently flawed designs. :laugh:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Actually in the very last episode, it was stated that the story took place 150,000 years ago. I know D/E razors are an older technology, but I did'nt realize it was THAT old.

Ahhh, .... History doomed to repeat itself.

Tragic.

proxy.php

That does not look like Lorne Green.:huh:
(Ya gotta remember the age of the audience here.)

I'm gonna go with "That's one more reason in the long list of why I don't want one" - Product Placement in Battlestar Galactica.

:lol: :lol:

There is a suttle hint here that I'm not comfortable with...that BG was not the greatest Sci-Fi TV series of this generation...I for one give it :thumbup:

:lol::lol::lol:

And yes...my wife calls me a supergeek.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
There is a suttle hint here that I'm not comfortable with...that BG was not the greatest Sci-Fi TV series of this generation...I for one give it :thumbup:

:lol::lol::lol:

And yes...my wife calls me a supergeek.

No, really, I watched it a few times and enjoyed what I watched. I never got into the idea of the flesh and blood Cylons, but hey - you can't have everything.
I was also a big fan of the original series (Lorne Greene) despite it's "campy" feel.
What you might have interpreted as a "dig" at BG, was actually a dig at the Vision.
A blatant attempt by Merkur to design something with a "modern / futuristic" look that appeals to the 17 - 25 demographic.

No, really, I watched it a few times and enjoyed what I watched. I never got into the idea of the flesh and blood Cylons, but hey - you can't have everything.
I was also a big fan of the original series (Lorne Greene) despite it's "campy" feel.
What you might have interpreted as a "dig" at BG, was actually a dig at the Vision.
A blatant attempt by Merkur to design something with a "modern / futuristic" look that appeals to the 17 - 25 demographic.

I just fear it's a bit unwieldy, and many reviewers have given it the same title. I find it peculiar that they chose to design one SO clunky, given we have adjustable TTO's like the Super, Slim, or even FatBoy which are so much more maneuverable - 50 years ago!

Consider this my challenge to Merkur: Make a TTO adjustable I can actually use to shave under my nose.

Whew...I was going to have to put your name on my whiteboard in lipstick :lol:

Actually, this version supposed to be in the distant past.
Thankfully! I was hoping that they wouldn't feel the need to pay homage to Galactica 1980.

Yesterday I was watching an episode of Battlestar Galactica and I saw Adama shaving with a double edge.
There were actually quite a few scenes of him shaving throughout the series. I liked that he used a brush and soap. Didn't spot the DE when I last watched but that was before I had any interest in them.

Top Bottom