What's new

bent Senator

Ok, I've bent safety bars back in shape, but how do you bend a tto open comb? I'e got a Senator that looks like the right side dips down too far on one side. On a bar, no prob - just bend that up then gap it, only trouble here is there's nothing to catch a driver on. I fiddled around with needle noses, but that didn't seem like it was the right option, especially since I had no leverage. Any suggestions?

Ok, I've bent safety bars back in shape, but how do you bend a tto open comb? I'e got a Senator that looks like the right side dips down too far on one side. On a bar, no prob - just bend that up then gap it, only trouble here is there's nothing to catch a driver on. I fiddled around with needle noses, but that didn't seem like it was the right option, especially since I had no leverage. Any suggestions?

I have a Sheraton with one bent tooth on the end. I left mine alone because it is very hard to get leverage to bend the tooth back in place. Id rather shave with one bent tooth over a bent tooth and an ugly scratch. Just my opinion.

Thanks Merkur. Actually it's not the tooth that's bent, per se, it's the entire blade tray seems to slope down a little. This is likely - "likely" being the operative word - something I could fix on a safety bar by finagling one side up, but I can't get anythng under it. The upshot is now I've soaked it in mineral oil so it seems to tighten up just fine, it just takes a funny route to get there (going up it looks bent). Now, unfortunatly, I've skinned a tooth with the pliers even though I had a rag around it, so I have to get some fine steel wool or something to take that edge off.

Thanks Merkur. Actually it's not the tooth that's bent, per se, it's the entire blade tray seems to slope down a little. This is likely - "likely" being the operative word - something I could fix on a safety bar by finagling one side up, but I can't get anythng under it. The upshot is now I've soaked it in mineral oil so it seems to tighten up just fine, it just takes a funny route to get there (going up it looks bent). Now, unfortunatly, I've skinned a tooth with the pliers even though I had a rag around it, so I have to get some fine steel wool or something to take that edge off.

Oh I see. I understand what mean now. Just thinking about it, it seems the best way would be to take the doors off so that you have full access to that part of the razor but I never performed that serious of disassembly on a razor.

Top Bottom