What's new

how long would a shaving tub about 150gms last ?

H

hathela

considering, I shave 6 days a week and use a particular shaving cream once every 3 days or so , how long would a shaving tub about 150gms last ??

i am talking about a tub of T&H 1805 and AOS Lavender

H

hathela

so say i use a almond size on my shaving brush .
how much of grams would that almond size of cream would be ?

I got three shaves out of every sample from T&H. If you have one of those samples around, see what it's volume or weight is, and then do the math. Those tubs will last a good, long time.

H

hathela

I got three shaves out of every sample from T&H. If you have one of those samples around, see what it's volume or weight is, and then do the math. Those tubs will last a good, long time.

just checked on the T&H samples...
it says 5 ml on it
i dont agree 5 ml equals to 5 Grams

also i have Geo F. Trumper's samples, on it says "1 gram sample".

considering that, i might be using 0.5 grams of shaving cream on the brush for 3 - 4 passes

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried this a while ago with half of a tub (75 grams). I shaved every day and it lasted two months. So, one tub should last four months.

considering, I shave 6 days a week and use a particular shaving cream once every 3 days or so , how long would a shaving tub about 150gms last ??

If you are only using it about four times a week it should last over 6 months at least.

considering, I shave 6 days a week and use a particular shaving cream once every 3 days or so , how long would a shaving tub about 150gms last ??...

just checked on the T&H samples...
it says 5 ml on it
i dont agree 5 ml equals to 5 Grams

also i have Geo F. Trumper's samples, on it says "1 gram sample".

considering that, i might be using 0.5 grams of shaving cream on the brush for 3 - 4 passes

This is starting to feel like one of those brain-teasers. I think you've provided the math. If you use this 150gms shaving cream every 3 days and shave 6 days a week, that's 2 times per week with this cream. If you use 0.5 grams on each pass for 3 or 4 passes, then you use 1.5 or 2.0 grams per shave, or 3.0 to 4.0 grams per week. So a 150gms tub should last you from 37.5 to 50 weeks, or 9 to 12 months.

So three tubs of cream the same size would last you 9 to 12 months before you run out completely, assuming you use the same amount of each type of cream.

H

hathela

This is starting to feel like one of those brain-teasers. I think you've provided the math. If you use this 150gms shaving cream every 3 days and shave 6 days a week, that's 2 times per week with this cream. If you use 0.5 grams on each pass for 3 or 4 passes, then you use 1.5 or 2.0 grams per shave, or 3.0 to 4.0 grams per week. So a 150gms tub should last you from 37.5 to 50 weeks, or 9 to 12 months.

So three tubs of cream the same size would last you 9 to 12 months before you run out completely, assuming you use the same amount of each type of cream.

u r a Mathematician ...

Then you got the idea for the flux capacitor?

proxy.php

Brethren, I believe the previous replies have read the question incorrectly. The cream in question is only being used twice per week. "Shaves 6x per week, and the particular cream is used every 3 days", i.e. twice a week. Now, IF I am reading/understanding the question correctly, at that rate I would have to say the tub in question will last well over a year, and probably pushing two years.

or a shaving accountant . . .

(accountants make more $) :laugh:

Not always, as we tend to write ourselves out of next years' budget in an attempt to eliminate wasteful spending on staff. Oops, I'm sorry, I thought you wrote "ethical accountant". :lol:

Back to the thread - how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood? For some time I squeezed my precioussssss samples of top-drawer creams/soaps, until I realized that it's far better to have ten days' luxurious shaves with Pomp de Circumstance and ten days of scraping with bath soaps, than to squeeze out 20 half-fast shaves of the PdC and use up a whole bottle of Bactine on the resulting razor burn. It's close to break-even on cost, too, but I find far more pleasure in the periodic luxury than in the perpetual stark economy.

Top Bottom