What's new

Gillette razor cases

Would anyone be able to direct me to a place to purchase old cases for Gillette razors? I'd like to find one for my slim adjustable and for the four razors I picked today at a flea market. Two of them are black adjustables with short handles. One of them is a black adjustable with a long handle. The final one is a long handle blue razor. I believe it's called the Lady and it has long stars towards the head. Unfortunately, they did not come with cases. I did a search on Ebay but found nothing. I would appreciate any direction. Thank you.

Good cases are rarer than good razors, you can try asking in the Wanted to buy section otherwise you have to find them on ebay mostly, in my exp. Sometimes you can get a case with the wrong razor and you can use that for the one you want but you have to buy the razor you don't want as well, it's endless cycle :)

E bay does seem to have a lot of cases on there, though for a price! try the bst or local antique stores, my local antique store at the moment has 2 mens grooming kits and the cases are there but no razors in them:mad3:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Good advice here, and on the money.
I keep saying to folks that when you see a case of any kind, snatch it up.
They are a lot flimsier than the razors they carried, so there are a lot less of them around.
You can always trade one you don't want for one you do.

I've been searching high and low for cases.
I recently bought a Flare Tip that was in a Fat Boy case just to get the case.
the Flare tip is in great shape and a nice find too, but the case is what I was after. It takes time, but you have to look twice at the ebay listings to see what some people have put in the cases. Usually the wrong razor.

I keep saying to folks that when you see a case of any kind, snatch it up.
They are a lot flimsier than the razors they carried, so there are a lot less of them around.
You can always trade one you don't want for one you do.

Yep, if you see it cheap enough and even if it hasn't got the right razor it it, get it !!!!

#16 case with a Tech, Rocket HD case with a Tech....I've managed to make up at least 4 matching sets out of "oddments" I've picked up.

I'm kicking myself for selling a #22 case with shipping case i found in my first week of "collecting" ( about a year ago ) Yeah got a good price for it but I have a caseless #22 :bored:

Would anyone be able to direct me to a place to purchase old cases for Gillette razors? I'd like to find one for my slim adjustable and for the four razors I picked today at a flea market. Two of them are black adjustables with short handles. One of them is a black adjustable with a long handle. The final one is a long handle blue razor. I believe it's called the Lady and it has long stars towards the head. Unfortunately, they did not come with cases. I did a search on Ebay but found nothing. I would appreciate any direction. Thank you.

When I was completing my Super Speed collection I would buy cheaper cased sets just to get the cases. That's about 14 different cases from 1947 to 1960. The razors you have will be a little more difficult to find. The Slim will be the easiest to find and the Lady Gillette the most difficult. I'm talking about ebay. Since cased adjustable razors bring pretty decent prices you will have a hard time getting cases for them.

Len

Top Bottom