What's new

It's so cold and miserable, I stayed home today.

Been using the 830 for about 2 weeks, every other day (ordered a 620 as well so I'm rotating between these two until they are broken in). Great brush. Trying out face lathering with it, but I honestly much prefer the 620 for that. I still absolutely love the 830 though, just trying to find what works best with it. My 620 has become only a face lathering brush though. If you enjoy the 830 you should think about getting a 620 as well if you face lather.

It is beautiful.

I'm down South here. I wish it were cold and miserable around these parts; instead of hot and sticky. :(

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Ah nice, how's the grip? Looks like it could easily slip... I was thinking of getting one of those one day...

Ah nice, how's the grip? Looks like it could easily slip... I was thinking of getting one of those one day...

It's a bit hard to see in the photos, but the top part of the handle becomes octagonal. This gives you places to put your fingers.

I'll let you know after I've officially used it tomorrow, but when I did a test lather last night, I didn't have any slipping problems.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It's a bit hard to see in the photos, but the top part of the handle becomes octagonal. This gives you places to put your fingers.

I'll let you know after I've officially used it tomorrow, but when I did a test lather last night, I didn't have any slipping problems.

Right, I see it. I'm wondering as my Muhle is round so, when wet, I have to hold on that handle quite a bit and it could slip easy!

Right, I see it. I'm wondering as my Muhle is round so, when wet, I have to hold on that handle quite a bit and it could slip easy!

Geez, yeah, those look difficult to hold.

None of my brush handles has been slippery.

I have to say, the density on the 830 blows away that of my other boar, the Vie-Long.

So here is my follow-up, after using the brush to face lather.

NO slipping problems. I put my fingers on the "grip" and didn't have a problem.

Whats the performance like on one of these??? Im looking for a new brush and still undecided whether to go Semogue or Omega!!!

Mine has arrived. It's still in the post office because I wasn't home today :mad3:.

Whats the performance like on one of these??? Im looking for a new brush and still undecided whether to go Semogue or Omega!!!

I can only speak of cheap Omegas, because that's my current brush (#81056). The hair is soft, but the knot is quite stiff. The handle is made of plastic and cracks are appearing in several places. In short: knot good, handle bad :001_smile.
The Semogue is in a completely different league, and it is Made in Portugal. :thumbup:

Owned the 830 and 620 for 2 weeks now, alternating days between them. Using them both exclusively for face lathering. Initially I liked the 620 more than the 830, but now the 830 seems to be catching up. I've also noticed the 830 is splitting hairs more or faster than my 620, so this could be it. Both are great brushes though and the only two I'm using at the moment. I get the feeling that the 620 is going to take longer to break in than the 830 though, but I wouldn't get rid of either of these.

The 830 has landed! It sure does look better than in the pictures. The handle is heavy and solid, I see no potential issues with the grip. Holding it like a spoon or by the base of the bristles should provide enough grip.
What surprised me the most was the look of the bristles. They are darker than your common boar bristle brush, and some are shiny and "golden". And I thought that the knot of my cheap Omega looked good...
The loft is a bit bigger (5mm) than my previous brush, I'll see how that works out when using it to face lather.

Top Bottom