What's new

Another Top 5 AS Thread

Time for a new Top 5 thread. My favorites tend to change as I am sure most others opinions change as well over time. Let's see where everybody is right now.

1) Speick - A truly solid AS.
2) Floris Santal - New addition for me. Recently acquired off BST. This stuff is surprisingly moisturizing and with the Santal fragrance need I say more.
3) TOBS Mr. Taylor's - A little less moisturizing than 1 and 2 but the scent makes up nicely for it.
4) Bravas - Another solid performing AS via Japan. Could be used as the definition of an aftershave splash.
5) Tie - Alt Innsbruck - I was a hater, now I'm confused. I think I like it.
5) Tie - Barbasol Pacific Rush - Cheap, loaded with menthol. What's not to like. It only gets a slight nod over Aqua Velva.

Honorable Mention: DR Harris Sandalwood, Aqua Velva, TOBS Sadalwood.

I wouldnt put PR on the same level as Alt... i mean PR is good for a base but it basically has zero going for it except the fridgid cold. Alt has that AND scent. Of course, I'd keep it in the list, but I don't know if I'd put it at the same level...

I certainly concur with the #1 spot for Speick. That stuff is liquid magic.

the lotion - its just full of goodness and smells splendid. Its got alum in it, and that special speick plant that supposedly has special healing properties.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My current top 5:

Proraso,
Alt-Innsbruck,
Speick,
Italian Floid,
Trumpers Skin Food.

1. Cade Splash
2. AoS Sandalwood Balm
3. Trumper's lime splash
4. AV
5. True Gentlemen Cedar Balm

Edit: Right after typing this i realized I forgot about Poraso splash and balm and Dr. Harris Sandalwood. Only 5 Aftershaves? You must be crazy.

Last edited:
I'm actually resisting changing my top 5 at the moment. I forgot about Proraso until I used it 2 days ago. The DR Harris Sandalwood is a really great scent, maybe the best Sandalwood.

I think my top 5 may be more related to the last 5 AS that I've used rather than anything else.

the lotion - its just full of goodness and smells splendid. Its got alum in it, and that special speick plant that supposedly has special healing properties.

Interesting. I'll have to try it out. Do you know if the lotion is very different from the balm? I suspect I'm more a balm-oriented type.

• Blenheim Bouquet
  • L'Occitan
  • CF Lavender
  • Feather Kanwa
  • Trumpers Coral Skin Food

These are all ASBs, which work better for me than splashes.

In no order--I love them all
--TSD A/S Milk (Subzero, Woods, Lemon Cedar, Lav.)
--All the Floids
--Alt Innsbruck
--Skin Food
--Proraso Liquid Cream/Bigelow Elixirs (tie)

Kinda whats hovering around the lav right now:

1. vintage Old Spice Lime
2. Tabac
3. The Veg
4. SCS Rose
5. T&H Trafalger

Top Bottom