What's new

I am disappointed with e-bay

Every razor or shaving accessory I have bid on I have been out bid within the last 5 seconds! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Happens to all of us. Just bid the most you are willing to pay on an item, and if someone is willing to pay more, just grin and let'em!

Collectors. That's why Ebay sucks, and why I'm done bidding on shaving-related stuff from there that's not BIN.

And odds are, they already have 5 of the same type of razors at home already.

If you want a razor, you really can't go wrong with the BST forum here.

I have had good luck in those closing seconds sales you just have to have quick tigger finger. :thumbup:
Most people use a "set it and forget it" sniping program, making it highly unlikely for you to beat them unless you have one as well.

Nice edit.................... :glare:

Welcome to B&B. We're a bit different than other places on the web in that we're a gentlemanly forum. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandmother, you shouldn't say it here, either. :wink:

(Because of that, I'm assuming from your avatar that you have strong ornithological interests.)

Best of luck with the auctions.

(Because of that, I'm assuming from your avatar that you have strong ornithological interests.)

Best of luck with the auctions.

proxy.php

It's BS because most of those guys most likely relist the item under a different account to make a profit on it.

And no, I am not a "bird" watcher. :lol:

Perhaps. It's annoying in any case, especially when you click on their names and see just how many bids they put on antique razors each day. I never won a single auction for shaving items on Ebay. I had to get my first vintage Gillette via a Buy it Now listing. I've also lost every auction for vintage Old Spice that I've bid in.

Like I said....the Buy/Sell/Trade forum here is a better option. I believe you have to have at least 50 posts to participate though.

I 'll share my Bay tip. Go to the bay between 9-11 pm and keep an eye out on Sat and Sunday nights. I just picked up a 40 dollar Buck knife for $14.50 shipped.:thumbup1:

Like I said....the Buy/Sell/Trade forum here is a better option. I believe you have to have at least 50 posts to participate though.

I think that is just to put up a sale. Pretty sure there is no post minimum to buy though.

I'd suggest you look at "Completed Listings" to see what the item you want is actually selling at before you blame those who bid in the final seconds of an auction.

If you expect to get a $40 item for $4, you must have great patience. (And bid on a great number of auctions).

Between eBay auto-bidding up to everyone's max and snipe programs bidding for people, pretty much by design every auction is settled in the last seconds. Bid the most you want to pay right off the bat, and if you're willing to pay more than anyone else you'll win whether you typed it in a week ago or 2 seconds ago. If someone is willing to pay more than you, there's no strategy in the world other than BIN that will win the auction for you.

You win some and lose some. I usually put in a bid at the most I am willing to pay and then forget it. I have gotten a FB and S that way. I was surprised to see what Gillette razors go for.

between ebay auto-bidding up to everyone's max and snipe programs bidding for people, pretty much by design every auction is settled in the last seconds. Bid the most you want to pay right off the bat, and if you're willing to pay more than anyone else you'll win whether you typed it in a week ago or 2 seconds ago. If someone is willing to pay more than you, there's no strategy in the world other than bin that will win the auction for you.

+1

Top Bottom