What's new

A hilarious Onion article/spoof on razor technology.

I possess a link to an article that literally made me cry tears of laughter the first time I read it, but it contains a good deal of profanity. I'd love to link to it here, but I don't wish to offend anyone. The link itself has profanity in it. Hopefully this is acceptable:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/****-everything-were-doing-five-blades,11056/

If you wish to read the article, copy and paste the link above, and replace "****" with the common expletive for copulation.

For those with delicate sensibilities: you have been warned.

This classic article gets posted every now and then (as far back as 2005).

The article has proven more prescient than comedic. Yikes.

2) The article was written by former CEO of Gillette of all things!!!!! ;) That is why it is funny as heck ;)

proxy.php

Life imitates art... imitates life... imitates art...

Didn't SNL do a spoof commercial sometime in the 70's or 80's featuring, wait for it... a razor with 3 blades? Ridiculous! Hilarious! Mock-worthy! I think it was called the Trac III.

Now we have the Hydro 5 which, I must say, is a fine cartridge razor. Today's spoof razor is tomorrow's next big thing, I guess.

K.T.

According to this:

**** Everything, We're Doing Five BladesBy James M. Kilts
CEO and President, <br>The Gillette Company
February 18, 2004 | ISSUE 40&#8226;07

The article was written by James M. Kilts. He is a former CEO of Gillette before it was sold to Proctor and Gamble. So would someone like to explain to me what the joke is besides the Parody of the article itself?

*applause*

:clap:

According to this:

**** Everything, We're Doing Five Blades
By James M. Kilts
CEO and President,
The Gillette Company
February 18, 2004 | ISSUE 40•07

The article was written by James M. Kilts. He is a former CEO of Gillette before it was sold to Proctor and Gamble. So would someone like to explain to me what the joke is besides the Parody of the article itself?

Maybe you should read a few more stories in The Onion. Here's one of my favorites. :smile:

According to this:

**** Everything, We're Doing Five BladesBy James M. Kilts
CEO and President, <br>The Gillette Company
February 18, 2004 | ISSUE 40•07

You're not familiar with The Onion, I take it? You might want to read a couple articles to get a feel for their style.

Top Bottom