What's new

Discussion Thread For Very Old, Traditional Japanese Straight Razor Review...

Very, very nice!
Maybe after I totally master the straight, I will consider something like this as another challenge.
Thanks for sharing.

Very cool, Joel. Love the pictures. I'm curious: do you know how old it is? It's a phenomenal conversation piece, that's for sure.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Joel,
I have one of the newer ones like yours and another not as old as this one. I must say they are some of the sharpest razors I own. The odd handle design and the one sided aspect of the blade makes for an unusual shave. I used mine a lot when I first got them but each time felt I was an instant away from commiting suicide. These are as close to shaving with a raw razor blade as it gets.

Nice reviews.

Tony

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Now THAT is a really cool razor. Ah, the mythical qualities of Japanese steel ...

But I guess it's not the sort of think you leave lying around on a bathroom shelf, given that the blade is always 'on duty'!!

Hi - hope some of you guys can assist. I picked this up recently and wondered if anyone knew much about it? I know it's probably a Japanese razor but my own knowledge of them stops right there. Help anybody? :c6:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hi - hope some of you guys can assist. I picked this up recently and wondered if anyone knew much about it? I know it's probably a Japanese razor but my own knowledge of them stops right there. Help anybody? :c6:

I guess the four characters is the name of the craftsman? It is difficult to see anything, but the first character is 三, so the name should begin with "Mi...".

Top Bottom